Chapter 25 : Regalia and the Dragon's Vow

Raina's PoV
I just received a message from Onee-chan that she will help out Issei take Rias back in the underworld.

These past few days I noticed that onee-chan has changed. If it was the her from before she wouldn't move unless it involved someone from regulus dominion or it had some benefits.

Originally Onee-chan didn't want to go study at Kuon Academy saying that it was useless as we already have a lot of money that can last us for years and even if we needed more she can just easily earn more. I was the one who told her that I want to study at a normal human school something that we didn't have the luxury of doing, running away from the Arclight Family with mother.

It is only last year that we managed to get into the academy and im glad we did as Onee-chan is changing for the better. I didn't want her to just focus on revenge. I want her to enjoy life. She already took it upon herself to take care of me and the people in Regulus Dominion as well. Although originally it was for revenge that we created the organization it became a place where we belong. It gave us a home. We, the children forsaken by the world who had no one to turn. We who had been betrayed by the very people we see as family, we who was used as tools and we who were scorned for their existence.

It was onee-chan who gave us that, and im sure everyone in Regulus Dominion agrees. Thats why we wanr her to be happy.

She originally didn't want to involve herself with Rias and the others and only wanted to use them to build connections with the underworld but now she treats them as friends different from us here who she treats as family. Thats why im happy for her. To be able to do something she desires except revenge. Not even thinking of the benefits.

...

Currently me along with Alena and Ilya are working on a project that we call [Project Regalia]. Based on our research on sacred gears, magic items, holy swords and other weapons like Gae Bolg.

Regalias are weapons similar to sacred gears. They have 3 activations that we refer to as [King's Verse]. Each of the verses releases a part of the regalia's power similar to how Issei evolved his sacred gear.

Onee-chan's sword [Regulus] and my [Astral Codex] are products of this project. However Onee-chan still hasn't found an opponent outside Regulus Dominion that needed her to use the 2nd Verse.

The Regalia's first verse releases the weapon's true name and unleashing its first form. Allowing one to manifest its abilities.

The second verse is similar to a sacred gear's balance breaker. It depends on the weapon as well some can be full body armor or some can be like Yun Yao's balance breaker where she materializes a materializes an over coat on her as well as a fur scarf over her.

A pair of tiger ears and tailes would also materialize. Her eyes would turn gold and become similar to that of a tiger.

[Regulus] also has a similar form where a white long coat would materialize it would have several golden engravings on it and she will be able to materialize a pair of golden wings.

Our current regalia project is for Ilya. Normally Ilya wouldn't use a weapon or a magic item as she can just materialize them using [Divine Forge] however she found it hard to keep up with Onee-chan's balance breaker so she wanted something to help her.

Ilya's [Divine Forge] is extremely taxing to use as she needs to do several processes at once. From alchemy to the calculations and even mana control. So she came up with a design for a support type Regalia that would help her.

Ilya considers Onee-chan to be her rival and Onee-chan is the same. Kn everyone in the Regulus Dominion aside from me she understands onee-chan the most. Even [Divine Forge] was inspired by Onee-chan's sacred gear. Onee-chan also have sone techniques that were inspired by Ilya as well