the event

Jazz drove into the garage, and Alexander lifted his face. He put his phone away and looked at me.

I looked out the window, not at him.

We unbuckled and I got out of the car myself.

Jazz watched me with brown eyes without saying anything. I shut the door and followed Alexander.

He walked ahead of me on the way to the elevator, and pushed the button.

I waited next to him. As patient as I could. Tonight was weird given I didn't know what we should and shouldn't do.

The elevator arrived and Alexander put his hand on my back, guiding me inside.

I could walk alone, but if that was his only way to acknowledge my actual presence then it was okay.

We rode the elevator up to the top floor like last time.

The room we stepped into was just not the hallway with the conference room like last time.

It was a big living room, coldly decorated. White walls, light wooden floors, glass dining-table with black chairs. White leather couch, it appeared, glass coffee table. The kitchen was white. There weren't a piano, something I had thought. There were windows with a panoramic view of the New York Skyline.

Wow.

"White wine?" Alexander asked.

"I don't drink," I said, looking at him.

He was behind the kitchen island. "Water?" He asked.

"Still, please," I smiled a small smile.

He came over with a bottle of mineral water, and a bottle of sparkling water for himself.

"Nice view," I remarked.

He watched me a moment before his eyebrows cast his blue eyes in shadow.

I looked at the skyline again.

He unscrewed the lid and put the bottle to his lips.

I watched him out of the corner of my eyes.

Okay. I unscrewed my own lid and took a sip. It was cold water.

"The stylist will be here at five," he said.

"Then why come here so early?" I asked quietly.

He looked at me. "If you wanted to shower." He said.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to shower here. But it would probably be for the better if I had a quick shower. That way I wouldn't have the workday on me.

"This way," he said and started walking.

I followed him and he opened the door into a white room. As white as the living room.

"The bathroom is in there," he said and nodded towards a white door.

"Thanks," I said.

He watched me, the eyebrows made his eyes dark and guarded. "I had a personal shopper choosing your clothes." He said. "There is lingerie amongst."