disastrous

My thoughts were running in circles about what we could cook for dinner that was simple, good, and wouldn't take forever, and would also provide a decent meal.

It was impossible!

I left my flat and went up to him just a few minutes past twelve.

He better be waiting on the sidewalk before his building now I'd slept like crap because he came and slept with his head in my lap and confused me.

I moved through the city and people fast.

Jazz was waiting on the sidewalk when I arrived.

I slowed and went to him.

"Morning, miss," he said.

I smiled. "Will Alexander be down?" I asked.

He nodded. "Shortly."

"Okay," I said and people watched. There were always people to watch on Manhattan.

I could keep up silence, but when I was around Jazz, I had this feeling that I ought to say something. The few times I'd been in the same room as him, he'd kept in the background and hadn't said a word, so I bet it would be awkward if I tried to have a conversation.

So I kept quiet and didn't speak.

Alexander arrived a moment later. He sent Jazz back and looked at me.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked.

He looked out at the park before us. "I slept fine," he said and put his hands in his jacket pockets.

I watched the park too. "Okay."

"Shall we?" He asked and started walking.

I smiled and started running to keep up. "My legs aren't as long as yours," I said. "And you can't ask a question and then just decide I'll answer what it is you want me to answer."

His eyebrows dived down to shadow his blue eyes. "The question was there."

My smile broadened. "I need a chance to actually answer it before it means something."

He looked at me. "I can't change everything about myself, Christina," he said quietly. It sounded like he was reprimanding me.

"I know," I said. "But that you give other people the choice is not changing who you are."

He led us through Central Park. "Yes," he said quietly. "I've always been the way I am."

"You can just keep bossing me around," I said. "I won't promise I won't keep on coming. Do you think it's so weird that I don't like it?"

"I've got issues," he snapped.

"Are you your issues, or do you have issues?" I asked quietly.

He stopped abruptly. "I have issues," he said. "I do what I can not to let them affect me."

"Until you're not longer demanding what I do, now I don't work for you, I believe you," I said.

His eyebrows dived down.

"I like spending time with you," I said, honestly. "And I do see you as a friend. But it's difficult to mean it one hundred percent when you sometimes state something that is not to be discussed. Sometimes I don't agree and I don't just want to say 'yes sir'."