Cecilia

I turned on the faucet by the basin, and the black-haired girl was next to me. She was applying lipstick.

"You arrived with Alexander?" She asked and looked at me.

"Yes," I said and washed my hands.

"Before he tries to control everything you do, break up," she said and removed the excess color with a paper towel.

"Control everything I do?" I asked and dried my hands.

She put the lid back on the lipstick and put it into her bag. "He's got issues," she said. "Especially with control."

I nodded. She could easily make me believe that.

I checked my reflection. My lipstick was fine.

I went back to Alexander who didn't appear to be doing anything at all.

I sat down next to him and finished my soup.

"You spoke with Cecilia?" he asked.

I looked at him.

"The one I showed you last time?"

I nodded. "She said to break up before you became too controlling," I said and leaned into him. "Lucky we don't date."

He didn't say anything, but his eyebrows had his eyes cast in shadow.

Soup plates were removed and the main course was served.

Alexander had taken my hand beneath the table. He was toying with the bracelet and I was chatting with Chad McGrevor, the executive in a marketing company I never in my life had heard about. It was fine.

The dinner was eaten, speeches, donations. For donations made public.

Alexander wasn't mentioned.

He was playing with my bracelet through all the speeches.

The dessert was a delicate little cake that almost appeared to delectable to eat.

I ate it slowly and enjoyed the taste.

"Do you want to dance?" Alexander asked, when the dessert had been removed.

"Yes," I said.

He stood and helped me stand.

I gazed up at him as a thank you. He grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor.

I put my hand on his shoulder, he put his hand on my waist, and we danced a slow waltz like the last time.

We didn't talk, and the music wasn't loud enough for it to be a hundred percent naturally.

"I'm ready to go," he said against my ear.

"Okay," I said. "Then let's go."

He looked down at me. "Sure?"

I nodded. It was still, mostly for him, I even went.

He didn't say anything.

We danced another four dances before he bowed, and I curtseyed. It was a little funny. With his hand in mine, I retrieved my clutch, and we left the event.

Alexander had his hand on my waist.

I followed in silence.

Jazz had us wait inside while he drove the car to the front.

Waiting alone with Alexander was often so weird because he often found his BlackBerry and then looked at that.

"I suck at small talking without a topic," he said.

"That explains a lot," I said.

Alexander looked down at me.

"You don't know what to say to me, and it doesn't make it easier we don't know each other at all," I said.

He didn't respond.

Jazz arrived with the car, and Alexander opened the door for me. I got in and wrapped the shawl around myself before buckling up.

This was just weird!

I gazed out the window while Jazz drove us back to Alexander's flat.