unexpected visit

I left the building with Elliott, and walked with him to the metro station which separated us.

"Tomorrow at noon," he said. "What are we having?"

"Surprise," I said.

He laughed and waved briefly goodbye before walking towards his train.

I exited the metro and walked towards my flat.

I found my key in my bag and unlocked the door. I locked the door behind me and put the keys on my coffee table.

Finally home.

I wanted to shower, but I'd probably rather wait until the following morning. Pajamas were a must.

I went to my bedroom, took of the lace shirt and pulled my t-shirt over my head before removing my bra. My pants and socks followed, and I went to the living room. My t-shirt went to mid-thigh. So yeah, it was short, but when I slept I didn't want it longer.

I reached the living room and someone knocked on my door.

Seriously? Who would even get access to enter, and then knock on my door? There was a lock by the front door and if you wanted to get in, there was a door bell to each separate flat.

Hesitantly I went to the tiny hall and peaked out the spyhole.

It looked like Alexander, but what would he be doing here? And then he was alone which confused me a bit.

I took a step back and looked at the door. So, should I open or?

I looked out the spyhole again, and it was Alexander. He glanced briefly at the door before glancing at the stairs.

What the hell was he even doing here? And how did he know where I lived?

I removed the chain and unlocked the door. I was only in an oversized t-shirt? I opened the door and looked into the stairway.

Alexander wore gym clothes, wet clothes and was breathing too hard.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"Why?" I asked. "You kicked me out at lunch." Yes, it had hurt. And no, I wasn't completely over it yet. In no way.

He rubbed his face in his hands and looked at me. "Can I please come in?" he repeated.

"Why?" I repeated.

His eyebrows dived down and put his blue eyes in shadow. "I'm sorry," he said. "For kicking you out like that."

I pulled the door back and followed so I was partially hidden behind it.

He walked past me. Why was his hair wet, yet he didn't smell like sweat?

I shut the door and leaned back against it. What did he want here?

He looked around the small entry before looking at me. It wasn't until then he realized what I was wearing and where we were.

His gaze met mine. "I..."

I smiled. "I just got back home," I said.

"You're almost undressed," he said and glanced down my oversize t-shirt before meeting my eyes again.

"Pajamas," I explained without moving.

He nodded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He looked at my face. "I'm sorry."

I crossed my arms. I just realized I wasn't wearing a bra.

"For kicking you out of my office," he said.

"Apology accepted," I said.

He ran his fingers through his hair before fisting his hand in his neck hair. "Thanks," he said simply. "I have to go." He said. "Can I try again?"

"Try what again?" I asked.

"Lunch in my office?" he sounded so hopeful.

"I can't do it tomorrow," I said.

His Adam's apple moved when he swallowed. "Friday?" he asked.

"Okay," I said and smiled. "But if you want me to leave, tell me so nicely." I said.

He seemed relieved.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"No," he said. "Have a nice evening." He opened the door and left.

I locked the door when he left. Despite having some issues communicating what he actually wanted, he did have manners. Coming to apologize. That was almost worse than doing it in real time, compared to when the episode had happened.

I went to my living room, curled up underneath a blanket on the couch and checked how my money was doing.