qué?

Sunday I wore normal clothes, and I showered. I went for a long walk through Central Park before going back home.

Monday I went back to work.

I was five minutes early, switched on my computer and sat down. There would be a meeting, so I stepped into my heels, I kept on the office. It was a sort of presentation on some alcohol advertised towards women, but which the entire team had to have an opinion on.

If I owned more things that would fit with the green shoes Alexander had given me, then I would've brought those. But I didn't have anything else in that color. Except the dress, that so definitely wasn't suitable to wear for work.

I checked my mail, double checked the conference room, and the time, grabbed my tablet and went to the conference room.

Juan was the only one present.

"Morning," I said and sat down next to him.

He looked at me. "You were with Greene Friday night." He stated.

"Yes," I said.

He twisted his chair and looked at me with his dark eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Qué?" Juan asked.

I smiled. "Yeah, qué?" I said.

He smiled. "You do know it was a charity organization working against domestic violence, right?"

I nodded.

Juan blinked and looked at the papers he had on the table before him.

"Why?" I asked kindly.

The doors opened and Trisha entered. She placed her computer and opened a PowerPoint presentation.

We were both looking at her.

"Greene called me again," she said and directed her dark eyes on my face.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he wants to talk to you, but you haven't answered his email," she said and rolled her eyes.

I smiled. "He wrote thank you for tonight. That was it."

"Write you too?" Juan suggested.

"We didn't really talk, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to thank him for," I answered honestly.

Juan still looked at me.

There came a knock and the remaining employees entered the room.

There were two from economy, Courtney and two additional developers. And that was it. Trisha was the boss. Her company, her achievements. And she had the mind to make this break even.

"Okay, thank you for coming," Trisha said.