money isn't enough!

Jazz was waiting by the car when we reached the garage. Nope, no heavy making out session in the elevator. He had his BlackBerry in his hand, and I just stared into thin air.

I got in next to him and pulled the dress around me. There weren't any slit in this dress, but there were a lot of fabric in the dress.

Alexander was working on his BlackBerry the entire drive.

Right until Jazz parked the car.

"I'll open your door," Alexander said.

I nodded and unbuckled.

Alexander got out of the car and walked around it to my side. He opened the door. I let the shawl be in the car and accepted his hand when I stepped out.

He had his hand on my lower back, and this clutch made me less self-aware about my hands. I knew what to do with them.

I followed him and he stopped so they could take pictures, when he felt like it. I would let him do this, I was just arm candy.

I smiled and gazed up at him.

He returned my smile with something that was almost a smile. Then again, if he actually smiled it would be very unlike him.

We got inside and away from the many blitzing cameras.

I looked at Alexander.

"Do you want to walk around?" he asked.

I smiled. "I know no one here," I said. "You lead the way."

He grabbed my hand, and I followed along. I didn't see anyone as such that I recognized.

"Her," I said quietly. It was that young woman I'd met in the bathroom last time I was with Alexander. The black hair and the face were recognizable.

Alexander looked at me.

"The girl with the black hair," I added quietly. "Where have I seen her before?"

He gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "On my phone," he said.

Money isn't enough!

Ah. That explained why I felt like I'd seen her before but couldn't place it. I nodded.

"Come, dinner's served in a second," he said and led me to the many tables.

He pulled out my chair and made sure I was settled before sitting down.

And then he joined the men.

We were half-half of men and women.

Alexander looked at me, when the napkin was placed in my lap by a passing waiter.

I looked at him. "What?" I asked quietly.

"I know nothing about you," he responded quietly.

"Conversation," I reminded him.

His eyebrows dived, causing his eyes to be shadowed.

I smiled. "You'll learn it someday," I said and declined the wine.

Alexander didn't say anything.