that erotic novel

Elliott was waiting for me when I left the building.

He wore a dark suit, a white shirt and looked at the moving traffic.

"Hi," I said and stopped next to him.

He looked down at me and smiled. "I am starving," he said.

"Then follow me," I said and started walking. "It's good food, I promise."

He laughed. "I'm looking forward to it."

I led him, small-talking, down the sidewalk until we reached the restaurant. It was pretty big inside, but it wasn't expensive or weird food.

"Here?" Elliott asked.

"Yes," I said. "Why so surprised?" I went inside and asked for a table for two.

"Because I've passed by here before. It just looks so... so small and dingy." He said and sat down opposite me.

"Believe me, it's neither small nor dingy." I promised and grabbed the menu.

Elliott grabbed his own menu. "What to choose?"

"You have to taste their noodles, and their spring rolls." I said. "I have a weakness for the vegetarian, but the one with chicken and curry is good too."

His gaze went over the menu and he looked at me. "You order double on your order." He said.

I laughed. "Okay," I said and waved a waiter over. I ordered food, two waters, he took the menus and left.

"You seem remarkably happier today," Elliott noticed.

"I got an apology last night," I said. "And I'm giving him a second chance."

"Are you into Alexander Greene?" he asked.

"No," I answered honestly.

"Does he know?"

"I'm pretty sure. Why?" I asked.

"Because I, by chance, saw pictures of you from Saturday. He looked pretty smitten. By you."

"And how do you know that?" I asked. He hadn't looked at me, Alexander that is.

Elliott smiled and fiddled with his napkin. "I look at Candace that way."

"How adorable!" I said.

He shook his head slightly. "No," he said. "Not when Candace catches me doing it."

I laughed. "You can't win 'em all."

"I've got the girl, you believe that's enough?"

I nodded. "Are you engaged or just a couple?"

He smiled. "I proposed this summer," he said.

"Aw! How?" I asked. "Details!"

Our drinks arrived, and Elliott sighed before telling me all about the proposal.

They had been hiking in Canada, and he'd gone down on one knee before her. It was just the two of them but he had a picture and how adorable! Candace was small and petite, with blue eyes and brown hair. She was pretty and delicate. Could you use delicate about a person? Not that she looked edible, and not like she couldn't stand on her own two feet, but she just looked cute and innocent. In a good way.