15

Excuse my mistakes

Kyla POV

It's been three weeks since Kentrell left and me and him last saw eachother. We text here and there to only talk about the baby and so far, it's been going smoothly. Kentrell swore he would change and I didn't believe him. Now, he's going to rehab and getting the help he needs.

At first he was hesitant about a fuck up and I was too. I just don't want him labeled as a bad guy to our child. I know the real him but our child shouldn't. Call it being dumb, naive, or even selfish. I call it protecting my child.

Right now, I'm doing a maternity shoot Kentrell set up for me. I told him he didn't have to do so much but he insisted we have pictures to show the baby when they're older.

"Ky you ready?" Kentrell asked and I nodded. He came over and helped me up from the chair.

"You up first ma" he said and I nodded again.

We walked out to the shoot and I got myself together.

"Okay Ma'am..let's do glamour pictures first and then some with dad that okay?" the photographer asked and I nodded with a smile.

We started with the shoot and I couldn't help but notice Kentrell watching intensively at me while I took my pictures. I glanced at him and he smiled. I smiled back looking at the camera.

In those eyes I still see love. But in his heart there's more of in control than being in love.

"Thank you so much gorgeous" the photographer smiled.

"No, thank you I know my pictures are coming out excellent" I said and looked at Kentrell who was coming over.

"You look gorgeous babymama" he said rubbing my belly. I laughed and playfully hit his shoulder.

"Thank you babydaddy" his smile turned into a mug and I bust out laughing.

"That ain't fair Kentrell" I said still laughing.

"It don't matter if it's fair ion like that shit" he said with a grin.

"Come on mean ass" I said pulling him towards the camera.

"Okay mom and Dad let's get started"

__________

It was now time for our pictures outside. This maternity shoot is so much fun and honestly, if Kentrell wants another baby he can have another one.

"Come on babymama let's talk about sum funny ass hell" Kentrell said and I bust out laughing.

"Damn I say sum funny?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know" I said still laughing.

He looked at me and started laughing too.

The photographer was just snapping pictures while me and Kentrell talked and goofed around. It's moments like this where I wish me and Kentrell worked out. We probably still could, just not right now.

"Alright that's it for today. I really enjoyed taking your maternity photos and I wish you a safe and fast delivery" the photographer said and I smiled telling her thank you.

Kentrell paid her and she left leaving me and him alone. I played with my fingers until he spoke up.

"Uh I wanted to gift you sum. It's not a promise ring but it kinda is" he said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Kentrell why are you giving me a promise ring?" I asked and he shrugged.

"It's a promise ring from me to you to promise I'll never leave you or our baby. We gon do this shit together and I don't care about being ya nigga right now. It's about our child and it's about me being a father to my child"