Chapter 15

[a/n: I'm back and so are the updates! My exam was actually suspended on March 11 but I had other appointments back then so I wasn't able to update immediately. The exam was suspended because of COVID-19. Stay safe everyone!]

--

'The Drift'

"Uno!" A girl, Six, came barging into the throne room.

"Zia is alive. I repeat, Zia is alive! How is that possible?!"
Galit nitong tanong dahilan para tumingin agad ang mga kapatid niya sa kanya. The Golden Dozen was casually having a conversation on the living room when one of them heard about the news.

"I already know."
Tipid na sagot ni Uno habang nakatingin sa mga monitors na noon ay pagmamay-ari ni Reed, lalo na ang trono na inuupuan niya ngayon.

"Kaya nga! How is that possible?! No one had survived my iron wall!"
Galit niyang sambit kaya hinila na muna siya ng lalake niyang kapatid paupo at tsaka nila sabay na tiningnan si Uno.

"And no one have survived an arrow knives' poison, but her mother did. Are we even supposed to be surprised that she lived after your supposedly 'lethal' iron wall?"
One of the siblings asked, also adding mockery to Six's iron wall.

"No! She was supposed to be dead! Nandun 'yun sa plano diba?!"
Tanong niya habang palakas lang nang palakas ang tono ng boses niya. She was becoming more furious by the second.

"It's that kid." Sambit ni Uno dahilan para tumingin ulit ang lahat sa kanya. "That Terantias kid." Dagdag niya habang nakatingin lang sa monitor.

"What even is a Terantias? I've tried researching about them and nothing came out."
Said the one who's supposed to be the 'brains' of their operation alongside Uno. He was Nine. "The Camazotz wiped them out." Sambit ni Uno na ngayo'y nakatingin lang sa kawalan.

Kumunot naman ang noo ng mga kapatid niya.

"Camazotz? Like the one who attacked the dark angels' village?"
Kunot-noong tanong ng isa at tumango lang si Uno. Uno's lack of response and obvious lack of attention made them cautious about their next words.

"Okay.. that aside, your plan failed." A guy, second in line said. His name was Two. Uno just looked at him.

"What? You're saying Reed's plans are better than Uno's?"
Agad na tanong ng isang lalake sa kanya. His name was Third. Two looked at him.

"Bakit? Hindi ba? Reed's plans about the dark era was a success. Reed's plan about the Witches of the North worked. Reed's plans about abducting the Terantias kid worked. Reed's plan about luring Zia into the castle also worked. So—"

"And yet he's with the enemy."
Uno cut him off. They all went silent. He had a point.

"I agree. Mas magaling magplano si Reed. Mas matalino si Reed at inaamin ko ring mas malakas si Reed. But.."
Uno trailed off and looked at the monitors, examining how Reed had a worried look on his face.

"..but, he had a heart." Dagdag niya. Everyone in the room raised their brows in confusion.

"He was perfect to rule. He could end this realm with just a flick of his fingers. But again, he had a heart. That vulnerable heart of him. That was the only mistake Xavier did. If he hadn't given Reed that wretched heart, we could've won."
Galit na sabi ni Uno habang nakatingin parin siya sa monitor.