Chapter 48

'The Omega'

"What do you want? Hot or cold?" Tumingin si Zia kay Reed dahil sa tanong nito.

"You.."
Sagot ni Zia at saglit na tumigil dahil nahulog 'yung dala niya. "..what do you want?" Dagdag niya. Reed gritted his teeth and wanted to curse for even thinking about what she said first.

"Ikaw—can you finish your sentences quickly?"
Inis niyang tanong at natawa lang si Zia sa kanya. Reed ended up ordering a hot coffee and a hot choco bago sila pumunta sa gilid. And as expected of UHT, everyone was staring at them as they made their way to their seats.

Hindi naman bago na pinagtitinginan sila dahil sila 'yung Midnight Angels pero ngayong bumalik na si Zia mula sa mga Hunters, her aura is completely different from before kaya mas maraming tumitingin sa kanya, as if they want to see what's beyond Zia's image.

"Why did you drag me here anyway?"
Mahinahong tanong ni Reed kay Zia. Zia beamed at him.

"I just want to catch up with my soulmate. Is there something wrong with that?"
Pasimple niyang tanong. Reed huffed and crossed his arms as he rested his back on the chair.

"You know, the way you talk right now, napagkakamalan ka nang playgirl. You're too sweet."
Diretsong sabi ni Reed sa kanya pero may ngiti ring nakapaskil sa labi nito. He admits, he liked seeing this side of her too. Zia huffed too. "Why? You don't like it?" Zia asked. Napaubo si Reed at sandaling nag-iwas ng tingin.

"Blu won't like it."
Reed said. Nangalumbaba si Zia gamit ang kanang kamay at tsaka bumuntong-hininga.

"He never gets jealous."
Zia said with a pout at dahil dito ay mahinang natawa si Reed.

"So, you're doing all these lovey-dovey things just to make him jealous?"
Natatawang tanong ni Reed. He finds it childish but at the same time unbelievable for someone like Zia to do and say things just to make Dimitri Blu Van Saint jealous.

In times like this, they haven't thought much about their own feelings because they're too preoccupied with the war and then here's Zia, acting all cute just to make Blu jealous.

"I just want to see his jealous face because we vanish. Ahh, I won't be able to see him for ten years."
Zia said with a whine as she played with the pendant of her necklace. Tumingin lang si Reed sa kanya. In his mind, he questioned how it's so easy for Zia to say things like that.

How it's so easy for her to mention about her vanishing without even feeling sad about it and how easy it is for her to act so care-free.

And then he felt it. The bond between them made him feel what she actually feels.

Acceptance.

Tanggap na ni Zia ang mangyayari sa kanya. Handa na siya kaya ngayon, hinahanda na niya 'yung mga nakapaligid sa kanya. She acts so carefree because that's who she is now. Nothing bothers her anymore, except for Blu not acting jealous of course.

But aside from that, Zia isn't worried about the war. Reed knew that she Zia handle Uno.

The war became a small part of what Zia is now. The part she's most concerned of is how her family will cope up with the vanishing. She's more worried of the aftermath of the war than the war itself.

Reed wanted to frown but for Zia, he smiled.

"Isn't it weird that you did all of this for the war and now the war means nothing to you anymore?"
Tanong ni Reed. Zia shrugged her shoulders.