Chapter 37

'Secrets'

He left.

Lucas punched him to get him to think straight, but he left. Wilder and the team talked to him over it, at sinabi pang hintayin na bumalik si Zia, but still, he left. Audin didn't cry. He hated Blu.

"You really want to leave?"
Nakayukong tanong ni Audin sa kanya, balling his small hands into a fist. Blu just looked at him and said yes. Audin's hands trembled.

"Okay, umalis ka. At kapag umalis ka na, 'wag na 'wag ka nang babalik."

✥✥

Rumors, gossips, news, and whatever it is that can spread the word have made its way all over the realm. This time, they didn't only question Xin and Team Alpha, the creatures of the realm started questioning the gods.

In that subject, Zeus called for a meeting kasama ang Team Alpha.

"Tell me what is happening in your realm?" Zeus asked Seth. Tumingin muna si Seth kay Xin na nakaangat lang ang tingin sa lahat. Chin-up and poised, not wanting the situation to get into her.

"Dimitri Blu Van Saint, the second member of the Midnight Angels have left the team."
Agad na sagot ni Seth. Silence covered the throne room habang 'yung iba naman ay naghihintay na magsalita si Xin pero pinagpatuloy lang ni Seth ang sinasabi niya.

"Apparently, Blu had been bitten by beast demons. And I'm guessing you all know the effects to that."
He said and some of the gods sighed. Bigla nalang may mga nagsidatingan na demigods sa throne room dahilan para tumingin ang Team Alpha sa kanila.

"W-We have a report."
Sabi ng isa at tumango naman si Zeus para magpatuloy sila sa sinasabi niya.

"Another species has gone extinct. I-It's the beast demons. They all got wiped out a week ago."
Agad na umangat ang gilid ng labi ni Hades kaya tumingin naman ang iba sa kanya. "Oh, don't look at me. I didn't do it." Aniya pero hindi maalis sa labi niya ang ngiti.

"Then why are you smiling?"
Poseidon and Apollo asked in unison.

"Oh, chaos has always made me smile. Nothing new."
Sagot niya at tsaka tiningnan si Xin na nakatingin lang sa kanya. "I guess she's finally awake." Nakangiting sabi ni Hades sa kanya dahilan para tumingin si Xin sa team.

Walter and the others have a surprised expression on.

"D-Did she just wiped out an entire specie?"
Nauutal na bulong ni Dino kay Xin na mahina lang tumango. Walter smirked. "Sabi ko na diba? Her decisions are worth it." Aniya at tsaka na tumingin kina Matthew na diretso lang ang tingin kay Xin.

"You know, wiping out an entire species is a crime. Unless you're a god, you're exempted. Do you all know what crime she just committed?"
Ares asked them.

"What? Are you going to punish her?"
Mahinang tanong ni Hoshi sa kanila. Naningkit naman ang mga mata nila habang nakatingin kay Hoshi. "We can't interfere, so, no. But now that I think about it, the first member of the rescue team just became a Hunter. Any concerns, Zeus?" Tumingin ang lahat kay Zeus dahil sa tanong ni Ares sa kanya.

Zeus tapped his fingers on the throne.

"Yeah. You said that the one who 'chose' the members of the team did not make a mistake in choosing them. Now why is Zia—"

"In the first place, she wasn't chosen. You forced her into this team. You forced her into this role. Rebelling from that is no longer surprising."
Xin interrupted. She had always been the one who could interrupt the gods on her will.