Special #3

[a/n: Note that 'specials' are still part of the story. I just labeled them as 'special' in order to highlight certain scenes. PS: Medyo masakit sa ulo ang chapter na 'to because it's more about Zia's plans, analyzing the war and the enemy and also highlighting Zia's changes.]

ZIA

'The Evil Poison'

Someone planted a spell on me. They said that it's someone from UHT. I'm currently in a coma, talking to myself, but also talking to Time.

"Evil lies within you, child."
Time said. Ngumiti ako at yumuko. "I know." Sagot ko at tsaka tiningnan ang kamay ko.

"Was I born evil?"
I asked. Time said that I looked so innocent asking her that question. I actually didn't know how I looked. I was concerned for myself and for the future. Ngumiti siya sa akin at tuluyan akong hinarap.

"What do you think?"
Tanong niya na naging dahilan para mapaisip ako. Dahan-dahan akong napayuko. What do I think? "I-I'm.. I'm a good person." Sagot ko habang nakapikit.

"Oh? Then why are you having a hard time saying that? Are you just forcing yourself to be a good person then?"
Agad akong natigilan dahil sa tanong niya kaya tumingin ako sa mga mata niya. She was still smiling at me.

Nanginig ang labi ko sa tanong niya. Am I really forcing myself to be good?

"When you fought the Xions at the asylum. How did it feel?"
Kumunot ang noo ko dahil sa tanong niya. I think it doesn't have much relation to what we're talking about pero napaisip parin ako kung anong naramdaman ko nung gabing 'yun.

And for a second, I was wearing a smile I couldn't erase from my lips.

"It felt great. So great."
Sagot ko. Time hummed and then looked at me.

"Don't force yourself into a path you're not comfortable with. I know you were raised by Xinny to be a good child, but your true nature will show."
Kamay ko na naman ang nanginig dahil sa sinabi niya.

"N-No. Mommy wanted me to be a good person—"

"I think you know by now that whatever kind of person you become, your mother will accept you and support you. Evil or not, you're her daughter and knowing your mother, she wants you to be free to do whatever you want."
I don't know why but I started tearing up after hearing that Mom just wants me to be free to express and do everything.

I've been the princess that everyone saw since I was a kid. Suppressing my playful nature and being a polite and graceful child.

"Suppressing yourself only destroys you, child. If you want to fight in this war, fight as yourself. Not as someone they expected you to be."
Pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko habang nakikinig ako sa kanya.

"I-I don't want to be evil!"
Sigaw ko sa kanya kaya nakita kong parang nalungkot siya nung sinigawan ko siya. I flinched a bit when she moved her hand but I relaxed when I felt her warm palm on my cheek.

"I am not telling you to be evil. I am telling you to be yourself."
Mahinahon niyang sabi.

"Why? Do you think Reed is evil?" Kumunot na naman ang noo ko dahil sa tanong niya. Time kept asking questions that are unrelated to what we were talking about. Pero sumagot parin ako.