Chapter 10 : Hakuna Matata...What a horrible phrase

Chapter 10: Hakuna Matata..What a horrible phrase 

"Run. Run away, Scar. And never return."

I closed the door behind silently dropping my gym bag beside the coat rack. I try not to make any sort of noise as I enter but the active television is a huge advantage for me. Someone left the movie 'The Lion King' on and it was just getting to the good part. But I was exhausted and it had took at least twenty more minutes for Carter and Aven to open the car door again. I guess I brought that one on myself. I crept pass the sofa in the living room but then Gabby's little head popped up startling the living daylights out of me.

"You're home early." She snickered sarcastically

"Thanks for the welcoming heart attack." I replied."What are you doing up at three in the morning?"

"What are you doing up at three in the morning?" She stresses 'you' using my own question against me.

I glare at her and she just smirks in return.

"Harmony is going to love to hear your excuse." She says as I'm about to walk to my room, but I freeze after that  statement.

That's when it hit me. How could I have not seen it before? My eyes darted to the flat screen television on the wall that played the classic Disney movie. Before I had chance to say anything, there was a sound of throat clearing.

Harmony

"You finally decide to show up." She said, leaning against the arch of the hallway, blocking my way even if I wanted to run.

But I didn't.

Maybe.

"It's a long story. I was locking up at the bakery and--" I began to ramble on, but she cut me off.

"No need to explain." She said. "Kelly called."

Of course she did. Kelly was so overprotective of me. Ha, but I loved her even through her spontaneous personality. I brought my attention on Harmony's attire. A light lavender tank top  and long matching pajama pants. What was she doing here?

"Aubrey called me and told me about the break in and I came all the way here. I went down to the station after you left for school. They found the douchebag that stole our television." She informed, grabbing the remote out of Gabby's grasp.

"It's not over yet!" Gabby whined, reaching for the remote but Harmony just moved it further as the little gremlin jumped.

"It's a school night, Gabby." Harmony told her, pointing down to the hallway, instructing her to go to her room.

What I say? Total mum.

"Fine." Gabby grumbled, dragging her feet down  the hallway.

I waited until she was gone before looking back up at Harmony. She scared me a little with the little weasel smirk on her face.

"I heard about your little letter incident." She twirled her blonde curl playfully

I dropped into the couch and covered my eyes with my palms after I let out a agitated groan. How did she find out about that? Oh, right. That devilish little sister of mine.

"He wasn't suppose to get it. " I muttered softly, watching Harmony lower the television volume with the remote.

"I think it was about time you gave it to him. Writing those letters were really cutting into your work time." She laughed, taking a seat beside me.