Chapter 17: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part Two)

I lifted up my glasses, rubbing my eyes to see if I was seeing right. There it was. The huge bold dark blue letters above the video.

'NERD GETS KNOCKED OUT BY FOOTBALL|SLOW MOTION.'

I gave Kelly a little nod indicating that I wanted her to play it. She tapped the play button. I cringed at the impact that was delivered to my head in the video. The slow motioned football speeding at my forehead slowly. And even the clipboard in my hands that Serena had asked me to deliver dropped at a moderate speed as I hit the grass.

"It's trending on the school website!" Kelly exclaims, because that's going to make me feel so much better.

"W-Who put this up?" I asked her with a gap of weariness in my voice. And how did it get up so fast?

"The user is anonymous." Kelly answers scrolling down the page. "But you and I both know it can only be one person."

I let out a sigh and bit my jaw as the person popped up in my head. Of course Serena did it, Cerise. Her hobbies include wearing short skirts, tight shirts and torturing your life. It has to be her.

"And we're not just going to stand here and let her get away with it, are we?"

"No. We're not." I answered sternly. Maybe it was time I stood up to Serena. Sure, it would cost the both of our positions on the team, but she deserved it.

"C'mon."

*

All the  bravery I had in my veins seemed to dissappear when Serena's curly red hair came to view. The team still surrounded her but they were no longer on the field, but in the girl's locker room. Serena stood back on chatting with the Dicaprio twins. I took a deep breath. Inhale, exhale. I felt a little reassured with Kelly beside me who didn't look the least bit intimidated.

"Serena."

The chattering of the locker room dropped in one shot and she turned around slowly to adress the voice. The girls in the locker room watched in curiosity. All eyes fell on the both of us.

"Can I help you?" Serena asked with that villainous smile of hers.

"Yes, you can actually." I answered, hesitating to speak.

"If you're looking for a makeover I'd be happy to help." She says with a fake plastered smile. Most of the girls laughed.

My cheeks burned a little from embarrassment from her remark, but I didn't let that prevent me from continuing

"What? Do you pay them to laugh at your idiotic jokes? If that's not the case you guys have a stupid sense of humor." I spat. The crowd before me looked rather surprised and some offended. "Do you think it's funny what you did? Because if so, it's not."

"You have no right to talk to me like this. Do you know who my father is? He--"

"No ones cares about your precious daddy! For crying out loud if he's so crapping rich then why doesn't he take you out of this hellhole of a school? In case you haven't noticed Lincoln Vale isn't the best school there is."

I could feel my heart beating rapidly at every comeback. I had always prayed that I'd have the courage to stand up to Serena but I felt like I was holding back a lot. There were snickers from some of the girls in the group. Serena turned around to glare at them and the snickering stopped immediately. In a matter of seconds Serena and I were nose to nose. Her eyes filled with revenge and rage.