Chapter 12: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned? (Part One)

I'm dead.

I'm dead.

I'm dead.

Those two diabolical words repeated over and over again in my head. There was so many things I wanted to do in life. So many places I wanted to go. So many things I wanted to experience, but all the time for those things would be shattered by some ski mask wearing hoodlum whose about forty, probably got kicked out of his mother's basement and roams around parking lots searching for innocent people to seize.

"Move faster!" He demanded, hovering the gun over the register.

"It's locked. The key, it's in the back. I'll get it." Kelly says hurriedly

"No. You think you're so smart, don't ya?" The man mocked through the mask. "While I'm out here waiting, you'll probably be trying to call the cops or something. Not gonna happen."

My heart beat increased as the man snatched Kelly by her light chestnut ponytail.

"Let's go find that key, shall we?" He grinned, one of his teeth stood out from the rest. Gold.

"I hear one sound out here and no one makes it out alive!" He booms, grasping tightly to the girl's ponytail before pushing her forward and the two entered the kitchen.

He was definitely not smart.

A few seconds of waiting until the kitchen doors were completely closed, I made my way to the people huddled together on the tile floor.

"Hurry up, before he gets back. Pass your phone." I whispered to the business woman whose heels had managed to find its way all the way near the trash can when she had lowered to the floor.

As soon as she was about to hand me the phone, the sound of car wheels mentally shocked my spine. If it was a customer we were doomed, the moment that tiny bell rung off above the door.

In a hurry I bolted over to the door. With one high jump I snatched the tiny bell and held it firm in my grasp just as the person opened the bakery door.

"New game of yours?" The familiar voice asked, almost too loud

While the door was still open, I threw the bell into a random shrub nearby.

With a mental sigh of relief I turned around to face the person. Instantly, my plain brown eyes met his sparkling emerald.

Carter

"What's going--"

I covered his mouth when the sound of arguing broke loose in the kitchen.

"Where's the freaking key, girl? Don't test me." The criminal barked

Before I had a chance to explain Carter had already took sight of the people on the floor. Within a second he was gliding over the counter.

"What are you doing? He has a gun!" I yelled whisper, but he just ignored me.

Placing his index finger on his lips, he stiffed himself behind the kitchen door.

This guy was crazy.

"Get behind the counter!" He hissed in a low volume

I did as told and returned to the spot I was in before. The voices were making their way back. The blood in my heart nearly stopped pumping when Kelly was thrown onto me when the kitchen doors opened. Not hard enough for me to fall, but we fell a little onto the counter. The man was furious. At least I think he was, seeing that I couldn't see his face.