chapter three

Rose's POV

Every year he streaks, taking innocent teens their lives. It started thirty ago. When I was a little girl my dad would talk about it every year because he was a police man, but now I'm twenty one.

" Rose, The girl is waiting for us." My partner Aaron said walking in to our office.

I'm a inspector and I study this case since I stared working. I grow up with it. " I can believe that she escape him, nobody in thirty years ever escape him." I said standing up from behind my desk. It's true you can't escape him.

" I know, but she's in shock, so go lightly on her okay?" We stood for the door to the room were the girl is. I nodded my head and open the door. The girl was looking down to her hands. Her left side was cover in blood and on her wrist were bruise, so I think he tied them together.

She looked up when we sit in front of her and I saw how scared she looked. Her eyes were red, tears stand face, hear messed up, I can't imagine what's she's been through. " Hello Lea, I'm inspector Holt, but you can call me Rose and this is my partner inspector Lewis." I looked at him for a sec.

" You can call me Aaron." He said to her before I continue.

" And we're here because of what happened to you. Do you wane talk about it?" She nodded her head. "Okay you can tell everything that happened from the start." Aaron continue.

"Uhm I-I was walking home from my dance rehearsal and I hear someone walking behind me...." She talked about everything she saw and what happened whit the other kids. It was hard for her to talk about it I could see it.

" So he said your different and let you go?" Aaron asked.

" Yeah, I don't know what he means with that." This is weird after thirty years, he let someone go just because she's different.

" Lea, this happened every year, he kidnapped teens and kill them after that he send us a letter and pictures of them, telling us were he bury them.This happens the last thirty years and you are the first one that every escaped him." Aaron told her.

She looked confuse when he told her. " That's impossible." She said.

I looked at Aaron for a sec before I look back at her. " What do you mean?" I asked her.

" The killer was not a grown man it was a teenage boy. I couldn't see his face, but his voice and body was not from a grown man." She explained. That's impossible these murders are thirty years old, it can't be a teenage boy.

" Okay thank you to tell us what happened." Aaron said standing up walking to the door. I follow him thinking about what she told us.

" Wait!" We turn around looking at her.

" I- Is he gone get after me? Am I in danger?" she was scared I could see it in her eyes. I walk to her en kneel down to her height. " I don't know he never let someone go, but I know that he won't get you now. He only come one's a year." A tear slide down her face while she listen to me.

" But I don't think he's gone get you. He said that you're not like the rest, so I think he's gone leave you alone." Aaron said walking behind me giving her a small smile. She smiled a little and nodded.

"Thank you." We nodded our head and leave her in the room alone.

" What do you think" Aaron asked when I sit down in my chair behind my desk. I let out a sight. " I don't know it's weird that she saw a teenage boy, I mean over the years noting change about the killing it's like the same person." He sit down behind his desk and look through some files.

" I know, maybe they were really close, so he know how the real killer did it." I took a sip from my coffee letting the warm liquid running down through my throat. I was about to say something when I got interrupted by a knock on the door.

" We reserve the letter." It was our boss with the letter from the killer. He handed it to me and I began to read it. When I was at the last part I started to read it out loud. ' You may found the girl I let go. If you found her good, because she's the only one I ever gone let go. We will see each other again next year.' I put the letter down and look at the two men.

" So he's not gone go after her?" Aaron asked.

" He didn't say that." I remarked Putting the letter on my desk.

" We're just not going to see him until next year."