chapter seventeen

Rose P.O.V

It's been a month since she's been gone. We still don't know where she is or if she's alive at this point. I've been trying to find anything that could help us in this case. It just drive me crazy that he have her and we can't do anything about it.

At this point I don't even know if we're going to find her. I thought that we could find something with that kid Wyatt, but there's nothing wrong. But I had a feeling that something was wrong there.

Aaron came walking into the office with a cup of coffee. He handed me it before sitting next to me. " Did you find something?" He took a sip from his own cup look at the computer screen.

" Nope, nothing." I sight taken a sip from my coffee.

" There is just something that were not seeing, but I don't know what." What are we doing wrong. She been gone for a month who know where they are or if he didn't take her away to a other country.

" I know Rose, we're doing everything we can't."

" That's the point Aaron what if we don't do enough and we lose her too. We promise her that she was save and that she wouldn't get hurt anymore." I yelled standing up from my desk. 

I was so mad this guy was making me crazy, he's been doing this for thirty years and this has to end now. " Rose you can't blame yourself. You didn't know that he would go after her." I ran a hand through my hair taking a deep breath.

" I know it just feel this way. It's feel like we failed already before we even try to do something." I was so tired, I don't sleep much these days. Just thinking that he would win this again makes me want to work harder.

So many people disappear every year. Some of them they find alive or death and other's they don't find at all. I don't want Lea's parents to live like that. Not knowing what happened to their daughter. Having to live everyday with those questions in their head.

" Rose maybe you should take a break." I turn around facing him.

" Aaron you know I can't. " He put his hands up before I could talk further.

" I know that, but you can't stress yourself out like this. You won't help Lea if you're like this." I sighed knowing that he was right.

" Why don't you go have some fun with your friends." Well all my friends leaved this town when they got the change, so I don't have any.

" That could be difficult, you know they all left and I still don't know why you moved here. I mean you live in New York a big city and then you come to a small town like this." He laughed taking a other sip from his coffee.

" Sometimes the smaller things are better than the big ones." I smile sitting back down.

" Why don't I take you for a drink tonight." I looked at him with one eyebrow raised.

" Don't give me that looked. It's just to get your minds off of things." I laugh at how he is. Aaron is a great partner to work with and beside that he's my best friend.  

" Come one you can't say no to me and you know it." I  groan putting my head and arms on the table.

"  Fine I'll go, but only because it's you." He fist bump the air jumping out his chair. I shook my head laughing.

" You know your weird right?"

" I know that's why we're great partners. You're the serious one and I'm the weird one. That's how we roll." I laugh shaking my head.

I wish I could let this moment stay, but I know what's really out there. In the big scary world. I promise my dad before he died that I would solve this case and catch the killer.

He died a year ago, someone stabbed him when he was on his way home.  I just had this job and they called me and Aaron. When we got to the place of crime, the police man said sorry against me. I didn't know that it was him that got murder.

We only receive that someone got stabbed to death. When I brush pass them I saw him laying on the floor, laying in his own blood. I didn't cry then or freak out. I just turn around and looked the police man and Aaron. I held my head  high and I did my job.

I talked to people who lived in the street I looked at his body. It was when I got home and told my mom that I cry. She broke down with me, but after that moment I held my tears back. My mom got really depressed and sick after losing him.

So I had to take care of us having a job, working at home, taking care of her. Aaron helped me with everything he could do. And I'm really thankful for that.

" Are you coming Rose?" I got snapped out  of my though when Aaron said something. He was standing by the door with his jacket on. He held mine in his hand waiting for me to take it.

I smile taking it from his hand. I walked out of the office behind Aaron closing  the door behind me.