lips

Present time
Donghyuck sat there stunned while the others continued talking.

Mark interrupted his daydreaming with a teasing smile. "Well Donghyuck, have fun whenever you want, just not tonight. We all want to sleep." Everyone burst into laughter while he covered his blushing face.

Another movie and 3 bowls of popcorn later, everyone was exhausted.

"It's getting really late, I think we should go to bed now." Everybody nodded tiredly, stretching their arms. "I can show you all to your rooms. I only have three though, are you guys okay with sharing beds?" They all nodded, the 6 have all been best friends since they could talk so sharing a bed with one another was not a big deal.

After showing everyone where they were sleeping, she pointed to hers and told them to knock if they needed anything. Everyone said their good nights and slowly headed into their rooms, including Nari and Donghyuck.

Once they entered, knowing what they had to do, an awkward silence formed.

"Okay!"

Because Donghyuck always loved to talk, he hated these silences, he just had to break it. "We don't have to make this weird right?"

He walked to the side of the bed he always slept on, which was conveniently not Nari's, and motioned her to to the same. As they were standing on opposite sides of the bed he looked up at her. "We're just friends sleeping in the same bed, right?"

He slowly looked down at the bed then at Nari, "Just us... sleeping together... in the same bed oh lord."

He put his hands on his face then started hitting it muttering something to himself. "Stop thinking about that you weirdo." He shook his head once more then looked up calmly. "Let's get into bed shall we?"

Nari nodded and got into bed and Donghyuck followed suit. It was silent for a second until Nari spoke up. "You know," She turned around so she was facing his back, eyes still closed "You can move around a bit, I'm not going to bite."

Donghyuck let out a breath he seemed to be holding, making Nari chuckle. "Oh thank god."
He started to turn around, unaware of the direction Nari was facing, "I can never sleep facing that way."

He turned around fully, seeing her face right in front of his making his breath hitch. Noticing Donghyucks change in voice, she grew slightly concerned, "Hey Hyuck, what's wrong?"

She tiredly opened her eyes just to be met with Donghyucks. Their faces were close, both being able to feel the breath of the other. They were both lost in each other's eyes. The ticking of the clock, the crickets outside all seemed to disappear as the delicate light of the moon cascaded onto their faces bringing out their breathtaking features.

In that small moment, Donghyuck seemed to notice so many things that he has never noticed before. The way the light shined in her shining eyes, bringing out the slight shimmer in them, the way her slim nose went down a little making the light shine even brighter. The way her lips glistened with beauty, how even close up, they were soft, bright and beautiful, just like the rest of her.

Yes, he knew she was beautiful, but he never knew how beautiful.

He was interrupted by a slight tap to his shoulder. His eyes that were stuck on her lips, now travelled to her confused eyes.

Quickly realizing what he was doing, his eyes widened. "You know what? I think I'll try to sleep on this side tonight." He smiled extremely quickly and turned around extremely fast, so fast that Nari couldn't even get a reaction in.

Both barely slept that night,
him, because he didn't know why he was staring,
her... because she didn't know why she kinda liked the stare.

—————

Dang, we got some relationship development.

I'm low key kinda happy how that last part turned out, but also kinda wished it was better.

Idk thoughts?