Trouble At The Bar

Trouble At The Bar

One Shot #2

Tony's POV

 I'm sitting at a local bar down the street from Stark Tower having drinks with a couple of the Avengers, those Avengers being Steve and Bruce. Bruce is coming back from the bathroom at the back of the bar and some stocky, rocker type of guy blocks his path. His facial expression is clearly annoyance but he's polite because he's Bruce Banner. As he tenses up though, I know that I have to do something about this. His eyes are flickering green and I nudge Steve harshly. He groans but doesn't give me any crap when he notices how worried I am about Bruce. "Tony, we can take on this asshole." I nod and the two of us begin approaching the scene. Steve deals with the asshole while I attempt to calm Bruce down. 

       Bruce's eyes are still green but they flicker back to brown at times. Bruce is having an internal battle with himself right now. Hulk's voice slips out a bit but Bruce doesn't begin shifting into the Hulk with the exception of a few green patches on his skin right now. I can hear Steve being the peacemaker that he is. He somehow manages to get rid of the creep without having to sucker punch him. If it were up to me, I'd sucker punch him right into the wall. No one will harass my Brucie and get away with it. I look at him with a soft expression to soothe a bit and try to shed the grit in my voice. "A-Are you okay Bruce?" He nods, still trying to catch his breath as the few patches of green begin to fade, the anger beginning to dissipate in him.

         "I-I'm okay physically. Mentally and emotionally, I'm a bit shaken up still." I sigh. "That's completely understandable. I'm so sorry that this happened to you Bruce. Steve dealt with the asshole and the cops are just about to here to take over dealing with him." He looks at me with sad eyes. "I-I don't know what I'd do without you Tony." I cup his face gently. "As long as I'm around, I'll always be there to defend your honor. No one deserves that kind of treatment Bruce, especially not you. You're the most beautiful soul I've ever met. You deserve the sun, the moon, and the stars. I really hope you let someone give you that one day." 

         Bruce gets teary eyed and gives me a small smile. In barely above a whisper, he says "I was hoping that someone would you Tony." I gasp. "W-What did you just say Bruce?" He's still smiling at me, melting my heart. "You heard me Tony." I begin to smile back. "I'd be honored to give that to you Bruce. It just so happens that I've fallen for you... quite hard actually." He laughs with delight and pulls me by my shirt in for a kiss. I went from a small pool of water to an endless puddle in a matter of seconds. No kiss has ever felt more right to me than this one. When we pull apart, Steve is applauding us with a shit eating grin on his face. "I knew the two of you liked each other but I didn't want to meddle because I knew it would piss you off Tony. I'm so happy for you both though, congratulations." 

       Bruce gives him a kind smile. "Thank you Steve. Your support means a lot both to us and to me personally." I wrap an arm around him and the other around Steve. The three of us leave the bar in an even better mood than when we first came.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary