Baby, Please Don't Cut (Part 1)

TW: Self-Harm, Mentions of blood and suicidal thoughts 

One Shot #8

Bruce's POV

 I can't take being in quarantine like this much longer. The coronavirus outbreak here in New York City is worse than anywhere else in the country. Not to mention that with my extremely high levels of anxiety, the big guy is itching to make an appearance. Now would be a horrible time to break Harlem again... It also brings out my depression even more. I've always struggled with fighting my mental demons and I'm truly struggling right now. Tony is tinkering down in the lab while I'm sitting in my bathroom attached to my bedroom. I strip off my clothes and turn on the water to the tub. I also have a blade sitting on the sink... in case I start to get some urges. I'm honestly on the verge of having one. 

    I'm hearing voices in my head calling out to me, telling me to grab the blade and begin the process.I'm worthless and deserve to die... Hulk's scream pierces my ears as I struggle to not grab the blade. I continue to hear him yelling in my head but I ignore him. F.R.I.D.A.Y. threatens that she may page Tony if things go south, which they will be in a matter of minutes. I'm too mentally weak to fight her on it right now. The only thing that bothers me about this is the guilt of putting Tony through more pain. He's been through enough in his life already and doesn't need the burden of me added to that load. Ridding myself from the world would be a blessing to him in the long run. 

     I dig the blade into my wrists and whimper a lot. I place my wrists into the tub and it begins to turn red, the blood filling up the tub rapidly. I continue to cut various parts of my body: My upper arms, my legs, and my chest. I feel myself growing weaker and succumbing to the darkness that I'm slipping into. The last thing I see is my own blood and the last thing I hear is a loud bang, probably Tony knocking down the door that I locked upon entering the bathroom. Please don't bring me back to life Tony. I love you, but I've done far more harm than good to everyone... especially to you.

Tony's POV

 I knocked on the door several times waiting for Bruce to answer it. All I could hear were brief whimpers on the other end. I couldn't take the eerie silence anymore and I ended up knocking down the door. What I found on the other end was my worst nightmare... Bruce unconscious laying in a large pool of his own blood. He cut himself all over his wrists, arms, legs, and chest. The amount of blood I'm seeing makes me want to vomit but I need to be strong, for Bruce. I reach into the blood filled tub and pull his body out gently. I then scoop him up bridal style into my arms, not caring how soaked I get. I rush him up the medical bay here in the tower and let the doctors immediately begin working on him. 

    I call Steve up here to bring him up to speed and to keep me company. As I run through what happened, Steve stares at me in pure horror. "Bruce is the sweetest guy around, why would he do this to himself?" I look at him with teary eyes, not even bothering to stop them from falling. I'm devastated that my boyfriend would do this to himself. "I-I don't know Steve. He's struggled with depression all of his life but during dark periods of isolation like this current one due to the pandemic, it brings out these negative qualities in him and others. I love him so much Steve, I want to marry him one day. I can't lose Bruce, I just can't." Steve pulls me into a hug and I sob into his chest. "Bruce is a fighter Tony. Between his strength and the excellent physicians tending to him right now, I think that he'll recover. Sure it'll take time and he may need more therapy again, but I have faith that he will get better." 

      I've never been known to be the most religious person but dear God, please let Bruce Banner live. He's the most innocent soul on this planet and the world wouldn't be the same without him... I wouldn't be the same without him. 

I hope that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary