Being Shoved Inside of a Locker (AU)

One Shot #21

Bruce's POV

   I'm just trying to keep a low profile and go about my day without the stupid neanderthals that roam the hallways of this school harassing me. The popular students love bullying those that they believe are below them, especially nerds like myself. Students at the top of the class, always do all of their homework and assignments, and ace everything. I have a small group of quality friends and a perfect boyfriend that everyone adores, especially yours truly. Tony is very protective of me and normally is present to stand up for me. He's not here right now though... as two overbearing football players manage to shove me into a locker. As the lock is just about to be snapped shut, I vaguely hear Tony's voice through the air holes of the locker. 

      As the person gets closer to my earshot, I immediately recognize it as Tony's voice and silently cheer him on. I hear a few bangs and series of curse words being thrown around. A moment later, the locker door is opened and I stumble out into his arms. I hate how weak I look, I hate even more how I'm whimpering and how the jocks are still laughing at me despite Tony being here to protect me. That's probably exactly why they're laughing. I'd fight them off myself if I could... but I'm just not strong enough. Tony looks at me with evident concern on his face. "Are you okay Bruce? I'm so sorry that those jerks never leave you alone. It's your fault that you're more intelligent and attractive than all of them combined." They glare at him from a distance and he smirks back at them. 

      I sigh and hug him tighter. "I-It's okay, I'm used to it. You're super intelligent too but you're popular, people don't tend to mess with you often." He rubs my back in gentle circles. "You deserve better Bruce. Soon enough, we'll both be free from the hell hole that is high school and we can live our lives in peace. Those losers will spend their days amounting to nothing while munching on donuts in their mother's basement all day while us and our friends will be thriving because we actually work for what we have. Our time will come, YOUR time will come." I move away from him and look into his eyes lovingly. "I love you so much Tony, thank you for being such a wonderful boyfriend." He tucks a stray curl behind my ear while smiling in the way he only does when we're together. "I love you too Bruce, more than words could ever say."

       The two of us hug each other again in the middle of the hallway, holding hands all the way to the cafeteria, even in line while we grab our food. We're hand in hand literally until the moment where we begin eating and it's the best feeling in the world. Tony makes me feel safe in an environment that constantly makes me want to turn into a giant rage monster, he's a blessing.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary