So Wrong But Yet So Right (AU) (Part 7)

One Shot #20

Tony's POV

   Watching Bruce kiss Steve in that scene really bothered me, I'm absolutely seething with jealously. They're not dating and they only kissed for acting purposes, but I felt gutted watching that. I do my best not to show it but my facial expressions sometimes deceive me. I hope Bruce didn't stumble onto that... knowing him though, he probably did. The rest of class goes on with two more groups acting our their interpretations of the confession scene before the bell signaling the end of class finally rings. Everyone dashes out the door except for the iconic trio. Bruce and I stare at each other awkwardly. I clear my throat and decide to approach the trio, I want to ease the awkwardness to the best of my ability. 

      I make small talk with Thor and Steve on their thoughts on how the different groups did but while doing so, my eyes are on Bruce the entire time. "Bruce, can you stay for a minute? I really need to talk to you." Thor and Steve give me a look of confusion before Thor speaks up. "He isn't in trouble right?" I smile kindly at him. "Bruce is never in trouble. Bruce Banner would never hurt a fly, at least not on purpose. Right Bruce?" He weakly nods while sweating a bit. I put a gentle hand on his back and rub it, trying to calm him down as his friends leave the room. Steve grins. "Hopefully we'll see you for at least half of the lunch period." Bruce nods at him and then I close the door. "You're not in trouble Bruce, I'm serious. Though there is a serious matter I need to discuss with you."

       I motion for him to sit down in my desk chair while I opt to stand up. I'm too antsy to sit down for this conversation. "Bruce, if I told you I had feelings for someone, what would you say?" His eyebrows shoot up in shock. "W-Wow, I didn't see this topic coming. I mean I'd be happy for you. You're a wonderful person and I'm sure that whoever you like would like you back. I-I mean how could they not. You're amazing Tony." My face softens at hearing that. "You're so kind Bruce, I don't deserve you." "Huh?" I continue to gaze at him and the realization begins to dawn on him. His lip quivers. "M-Me?" I nod. "You." A moment of silence washes over us before he breaks it. "R-Really?" I smile softly. "Really." 

       He stands up and slowly walks over to me. He doesn't say a word but he throws his arms around me. "T-Thank God." I chuckle and ruffle his hair playfully. "That's not quite the reaction I was expecting but I'm thrilled nonetheless." He pulls himself away from me and I gaze into his eyes directly. "I really do like you Bruce, a lot. You're eighteen and graduate in a few months. As long as we keep this under wraps until then so neither of us gets in trouble by the school board, it'll work. It's not illegal because you're of age. Bruce Banner, will you be my boyfriend?" I ask him that question in a whisper so no one else but him can hear it. A smile finds its way to his face, stretching from ear to ear. "Yes Tony, I'd love to be your boyfriend.For the record though, I did see your jealous expression when I kissed Steve in that scene... and I absolutely loved that you reacted that way. T-That's when I realized that I actually had a chance at being with you." 

    I lock the door for a moment and give him a gentle peck on the lips, which he gladly responds to with one of his own. I then unlock the door so no one gets suspicious. I let Bruce go off to have lunch with his friends and know with absolute certainty that we'll have our usual nightly chat tonight, with hopefully plans for our first date very soon. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary