Anxiety Attack

Anxiety Attack

One Shot #4

Bruce's POV

    Tony is usually the one calming me down when I have an anxiety/panic attack but the roles have reversed today. Tony's been working himself to the brink of exhaustion the last few days in the lab on his suits(I feel guilty for doing that so often myself). I love his intense passion for his work (something him and I have in common) but he needs to rest... I'm currently on the floor with my arms wrapped around him while he's rocking himself like a child in the fetal position. He also has extremely dark circles under his eyes due to the evident lack of sleep. The sight is truly heartbreaking for me to witness. 

       Tony murmurs various phrases under his breath while he continues to rock back and forth. "Tony, love, can you try some breathing exercises with me?" He doesn't say anything but nods hesitantly. I give him a small smile. "Thank you love." I lead the breathing exercises and he soon follows in pursuit. It takes him twenty minutes to stop rocking back and forth, but he finally does. That gives me some relief. I continue to keep my arms wrapped around him gently. He sighs and leans into them. "Tony, will you get some rest?" My voice cracks as I say "Please." He nods. "W-Will you rest with me?" I nod. "Absolutely darling." 

         He extends a hand out for me to take and I gladly do. I pull him up and lead him upstairs to the floor of the tower where the bedrooms are. "My room Tony or yours?" He yawns loudly. "Yours please." "You've got it." I have to kick a couple of piles of books out of the way in order to create a temporary path to access the bed. I haven't had as much time lately to organize my room. I'll get to it eventually, I have other priorities right now. My top priority in this moment is to take care of Tony and make sure that he keeps his word to rest. I'm glad to lie awake in a bed with him for hours on end if it means that he's getting sleep. 

        Tony takes off his shirt and pants with very little energy before he collapses into bed. He's out like a light by the time I lay down with him. Despite not claiming to be too tired, I wind up falling asleep about forty five minutes after he does. The two of us cuddle and spoon one another while getting much needed rest. I'm pleased that Tony kept his word and is indeed resting.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary