Casserole

Casserole

One Shot #7

Tony's POV

 Clint and I are having a friendly cooking competition and my dear Brucie is the judge. The recipe we're both trying to conquer currently is a ham and cheese casserole. Casseroles are wonderful comfort food and given the state of the country right now, this feels very wholesome for us. Clint and I are both competitive, stubborn men so hopefully this won't result with it blowing up in our faces. If Bruce begins to get anxious for any reason though, we'll put an immediate halt to the competition. 

    Clint and I aren't being timed in this competition thankfully. I'm an okay cook but I'm not the speediest one. Clint is quicker than I am at finishing his casserole but he doesn't taunt me too much about that thankfully. When both casseroles are done, we place them into slightly bigger trays and place them in front of Bruce. I playfully wiggle my eyebrows at him. "Please wait a few minutes for the casseroles to cool down before you fall in love with a certain one." Clint rolls his eyes at me. "Just because Bruce is your boyfriend doesn't mean his judgment will be biased Tony. Bruce has always been known for his honesty. Right Bruce?" Bruce nods shyly. "That's right Clint." Bruce then turns to me and mouths "I love you." I blush slightly and try to hide it so Clint doesn't tease me. 

     Five minutes later, Bruce grabs a spoonful of Clint's casserole first. Both of us intensely study his reactions. He shallows the first bite and gives Clint a small smile. "That wasn't bad Clint, good job." Clint bows. "Thank you Bruce." He moves aside so I can study Bruce's reaction to his first bite of my casserole. As I watch Bruce shallow it, his smile breaks out into a full out grin. I smirk at Clint, I know by that reaction that I'm the winner of this competition. "Clint I'm sorry but I like Tony's casserole more. Yours was good but his really blew me away." Clint puts his hands on his hips, does a sassy snap that's unlike him but yet is like him, and then walks out of the kitchen. That's when Bruce and I burst into laughter simultaneously. 

     "That was quite something babe." I smile at him. "Yeah it was. Bruce, was my casserole really the better of the two? I just don't want you being biased because we're dating." Bruce looks at me seriously. "Clint was right Tony, I don't lie EVER. You know that, your casserole was truly the one that blew me away. In fact, I'd like to come split it with me. Can you spare a little bit of your lab time for a little bit of quality time? Please." The way his voice cracks when he says "please" does things to me. I give him a small smile and sit down next to him. I scoop the both of us a plate full of casserole. Clint eventually comes back and joins us for dinner. Don't worry, we all make sure to clean up our messes afterwards.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary