Baby, Please Don't Cut (Part 2)

TW: Self-Harm, Mentions of Suicidal Thoughts and Hospital Content

One Shot #8

Bruce's POV

A Few Hours Later...

 I wake up only to find myself lying in a hospital bed, hooked up on IVS and wires... in the medical bay... with Tony sitting in a chair across the room sleeping. SHIT! I didn't want to be saved, I'm not worth being resurrected. I'm a freak and I'm worthless. I sit in my bed for a few minutes silently trying to process everything that's happened today because my anxiety gets the best of me yet again and I start breathing heavily. Pools of sweat beat down my face and other parts of my body. It's then that Tony's eyes shoot right open and he runs over to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders without another word and gently leans me back up against the bed. He then climbs into bed with me and continues to hold me. 

     When I calm down enough to force myself to look into his eyes, my heart shatters. I've never seen Tony look as sad as he does right now. It causes me to become teary eyed and avert his gaze. "B-Bruce, why did you do this to yourself?" I begin crying and hold my head in my eyes, talking in a muffled tone of voice. "I-I'm a burden Tony. The Avengers and you would be so much better off without me. Heck, the world would be better off without me. I'm a freak that's still be hunted to this day because of the other guy. I-I wanted to put my mental demons to rest to. I'm tried of struggling." Tony sighs. "B-Bruce, you're my everything. Your suicide attempt caused me even more pain than you ever could alive. It was absolutely terrifying to find your pale body lying limp in a tub full of blood. I-I'm so sorry if I haven't been the best boyfriend but I promise I'll do better."

      I weakly squeeze his hand. "T-Tony, I-I'm an idiot. I've been blessed by the universe to have you as my boyfriend and I can't bear the thought of putting you through pain like that again, at least on purpose. I-I'm so deeply sorry. I-I love you. P-Please forgive me." He gently hugs me and pecks me on the lips. "Of course I forgive you and I love you too Bruce, so very much. Please promise me something though in addition to not attempting suicide again?" I raise an eyebrow but let him continue speaking. "Bruce, please promise me that you'll go back to therapy again for awhile. You need additional help outside of me in order to cope with your mental demons. I'll even attend every session with you if that makes you feel more comfortable." I look him directly in the eyes. "I-If you go with me, I'll go." He nods. "Deal." 

     "The doctors told me that I need to stay here for at least three more days for observational purposes but after all, I'm all yours Tony." He smiles softly at me. "That's good to hear babe. If you don't want the others to visit right now, I can politely tell them so later." I nod. "I think it would be for the best. I'll talk to everyone else about this when I'm ready." He kisses me on the forehead and the love comes rushing in. "I understand my love." The two of us cuddle in bed for awhile until I wind up falling asleep in his arms, getting my first peaceful rest in who knows how long.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary