Dragged Under

Dragged Under

One Shot #19 

Bruce's POV

  Tony and I decided to have a beach day to ourselves since it's summer, it's a sweltering 95 degrees with extreme humidity and we hardly ever get time off. Tony pleaded with Nick Fury to let us escape for a day. Of course Tony bribed him with a hundred dollars but I'm grateful nonetheless. The yellow flags which represent medium tides are up which means decent wave action but to proceed with caution. The lifeguards are alert for the most part and keeping an eye on everyone like they are supposed to. Tony's wearing a sexy black new swimsuit that makes his ass look so good... get your mind out of the gutter Bruce. You're not normally pervy... The wetter it becomes, the more it sticks to his ass. 

      Tony smirks at me when he catches me staring. "Do you like what you see?" I blush and scratch the back of my neck awkwardly. "Y-Yes." He chuckles and drags me into the ocean. We splash each other playfully and jump over waves as they attempt to hit us. As time goes on though, some people appear to be fleeing from the water. I whip my head around just in time to get struck by a massive wave that pulls me under. From under the water, I can vaguely see someone swimming towards me. I think it's Tony but I'm not entirely sure because I'm dragged under. My vision soon becomes black and I pass out. 

Tony's POV

 I turned my back for a few seconds and all of the sudden Bruce is gone. In the distance, I see a body floating under the water. My heart stops as I get closer and realize that it's Bruce. Without a second thought, I dive under and attempt to rescue him. It takes me three tries before I can reach him successfully. I'm not the best at holding my breath under water but I do so for Bruce's sake. I scoop him up into my arms and swim halfway back to the shore before a lifeguard assists us further. The lifeguard helps me lay him down in a private tent and we begin CPR on him in unison. Bruce soon opens his eyes and coughs up saltwater. He's short of breath but he's awake and breathing, that's all that matters to me. I look at the lifeguard with compassion. "Thank you for helping me save Bruce." He gives me a small smile. "You're very welcome Mr. Stark. I'm glad Dr. Banner is okay. Let me know if he needs further aid." 

        With that the lifeguard leaves the tent to give Bruce some time to recover from that literal blow. I look at him with worry etched on my face. "Bruce, you scared the shit out of me. Don't ever drown on me again. I almost couldn't get to you, the wave was so strong." He looks at me sadly. "I-I'm sorry Tony. I was gazing out at the horizon, which I often do when I zone out as you know, and the next thing I know, the wave struck me. I tried calling out to you but it was too late to do so. You wouldn't have been able to comprehend bubble dialogue." I cup his face gently and hold him in my arms for a few minutes. "I'm so relieved that I didn't lose you. I love you Bruce." He hugs me back gently, sniffling in my chest. "I love you Tony. I'm so sorry that I scared you badly. I'll try my best not to drown again." I nod and continue to hold him until he feels well enough to get up with my assistance to leave the tent. 

         Bruce and I decide to head back towards my car because we received enough attention on the beach due to the drowning incident. We grab some subs at a food stand near where I'm parked and eat the subs on the rooftop. The seagulls stay away though because they know I'm not one to mess with. When Bruce finishes his sub before me, he leans his head on my shoulder. The sun is beginning to set and the mood is much more romantic, more worry free. It's an improvement compared to the events from earlier. Bruce and I work so damn hard, we deserved this beach day. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary