A Hard Punch To The Jaw

One Shot #17

Bruce's POV

  Tony, the OG Avengers, and myself are all messing around in the training room for fun. We have a ritual of doing this at least once every couple of months or so. Tony and I are sparring together, him in his Iron Man suit and me morphing back and forth. Right now I'm myself though and trying to work on stabilizing my own footing. So far I'm holding my ground pretty well but for a split second when I glance at a pose Thor is doing, I feel a fist collide with my jaw and I fall to the floor. The room instantly becomes so quiet that you could hear a pin drop... I don't like a lot of attention. 

     I glance up at Tony who is as pale as a ghost and has some blood on his hand. He continues to stare at me while Steve rushes over to help me up. He looks at me with concern. "Are you okay Bruce? Can I escort you to the infirmary or to the bathroom at the very least? There's a lot of blood gushing out of your nose." I nod and let him take me away for a few minutes. The last thing I see before I leave the room is Nat, Clint, and Thor trying to comfort Tony, reminding him that accidents do happen in combat training. Steve is tending to my nose like the kind soul that he is, cleaning up the gushing blood as it continues to fall for at least another ten minutes. "Bruce, please don't be mad at Tony. He looked like he was going to cry a river the moment he realized that he punched you. He absolutely adores you and tries to protect you from any harm at all costs." 

       I sigh. "I-I know it was an accident. The shock just got to me a bit and I didn't want Hulk to make an appearance over such a minor accident. I just needed a few minutes, the few minutes to tend my bloody nose and to calm down a bit. I just hope it doesn't swell though. I have trouble breathing enough as is due to my anxiety..." "I'll go fetch you an ice pack from the infirmary down the hall once you get back to the training room." He evaluates my nose like a doctor before he deems it okay to lead back to the training room. When Steve opens the door, all eyes are on me once again. My anxiety begins to flare up but I shove it down to the best of my ability. I can't help but express concern at Tony sitting in the corner like a child weeping in Thor's lap. I hesitantly make my way over to Thor and Tony after Steve gives me a nudge before going to retrieve the ice pack. 

      "T-Thor, can I talk to Tony please?" Tony looks at me with red puffy eyes and reaches out for me, climbing into my lap instead. He cries even more before the sobs decrease to mere sniffles. "B-Bruce, I am so frigging sorry. I was so into our sparing session that I forgot it was just training rather than actual combat. I love you so much and I would never hurt you, at least not on purpose. You're everything to me and I'd die if I lost you." I look at him lovingly. "I-It's okay Tony. I'm not angry, I was just caught off guard. I needed a few minutes to gather myself so the big guy didn't make an unnecessary appearance." I wipe his excess tears away. "So you still love me Bruce?" I kiss him tenderly on the forehead. "I still love you and always will." He gives me a gentle peck on the lips. When we pull apart, he gives me a sad smile. "I love you too Bruce." 

       Steve comes back with an ice pack and Tony takes over tending to my nose. Steve gives me an encouraging smile and motions for the others to follow him back out of the room to give Tony and I some privacy. As I continue to cradle Tony, his breathing evens out and the two of us feel okay again. My nose is probably going to swell a little but I'll deal with that in stride. 

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary