Glass Shard

Glass Shard 

One Shot #22

Tony's POV

  I'm currently in the process of trying to clean up the living room after a party I had last night got a little out of hand. I'm in my early fifties now and I'm still partying like a teenager/young adult. I need to cool my jets a bit but I'm going to regret it pretty soon. I think that last night's party might have finally been the wake up call I needed to stop partying unless it's for a work related occasion. Bless my dear Bruce though, he volunteered to spend the afternoon cleaning up with me even though he wasn't at the party for long last night. The two of us have spent hours already picking up trash, sanitizing surfaces, vacuuming, deposing of the trash, etc. Right when we're almost done, I step on a piece of glass and wince. 

     Bruce immediately notices and comes rushing to my aid. "Tony, are you okay? Which foot did you step on the glass with?" I wince again. "My right foot." He motions for me to sit down on the couch and I do. He examines my right foot, makes a couple of mental notes, and rushes to get a first aid kit. He's back with one in a jiffy and immediately takes on the role of being my doctor. He tends to my wound ever so gently, even pulling the shard of glass out of my foot without me barely noticing. I don't know how a human being can be so gentle, especially one that constantly claims that he's the biggest monster on the team. That's so far from the truth... and it breaks my heart that he still views himself as a monster after all these years we've known each other, after the many months that we've been dating...

       When Bruce is done treating my wound, he tells me to elevate my foot for awhile and let the substance he put on it begin to work its magic. Bruce looks at me with concern. "Are you feeling okay other than the glass piece having gotten into your foot?" I nod with a tired smile. "I'm okay, just tired is all. I've come to the realization that I need to stop partying so hard, especially now that I'm a middle aged man." Bruce chuckles. "Congratulations, I was waiting for common sense to catch up to you on that one. Seriously though, I'm just glad you're okay Tony." Your injury should begin to heal in a couple of days. Just elevate your foot as much as you can and try not to put a lot of pressure on it." I wink at him. "That's why I have a big, strong man aka the Hulk to carry me if need be." 

       Bruce blushes adorably and my heart melts. "Bruce, you're not a monster. I know you still view yourself as one sometimes but you're not. We not only value the Hulk as an asset on this team but we adore him. He's a part of you, just like you're a part of him. You two have managed to work out a system of balance and it's been working successfully for over a year now. Okay?" Bruce looks down at the floor in embarrassment. "I'm sorry Tony. I'll try my best to get out of the mindset." I ruffle his hair. "Good. Besides, you're also the sexiest man alive." He gasps. "I even beat you in that department?" I smile softly at him. "In my eyes you do." He gently presses a kiss to my lips and my hand lingers on them long after the kiss is over. I eventually fall asleep with him running his hands through my hair. I adore Bruce Banner with every fiber of my being.

I hope that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary