6. The Talk

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

She continued drowning; gasping for breath as water continued rush to blur her senses. She thrive to push forward past the fast current of water but she wasbeing pushed down. Breathing became hard and the hope of getting past this started fading. Is it the end?

Swara woke up with a jerk. She was sweating badly. The incidents came back leaving her delirious. She gulped down a whole  glass of water kept besides her bed. It was a dream. She turned other side to hug Ragini but she was nowhere to be found. 

"The clock is ticking at 3.30. Is she in washroom?" Swara checked the washroom;her heart praying for avoidance  any chance of disturbing events but it was empty.

The door was unlocked from inside. That means she went outside. Swara decided to look for her; maybe she is having thoughts on yesterday's decision. Swara smiled a bit. She wanted Ragini to stand up for herself always; wanted to thoroughly think before deciding, keeping herself as priority.

As she entered the verandah, Swara stood astonished seeing Ragini lying with her head in Sharmishta's lap. "Haww... You both are spending quality time without me?" Swara said playfully; her voice amused. "That's not fair, Ma. You forgot me in 2 days?" The dramatic tone in her voice earned a light slap from Ragini.

"I was not feeling sleepy." Sharmishta said. "And when I came on to check you both, she was also awake."

Swara also laid down with Ragini and Sharmishta caressed both her daughters. 'This moment is precious!' She smiled happily. As a mother, she always wanted to be the solace for her daughter. But when she saw Ragini eyes brimming with the crave to be held closely; the urge to cocoon her in her embrace was so strong. Now, she could do that! She had two daughters, beautiful and gentle.

"Ragini, you're having second thoughts?" Swara asked hesitantly. She didn't want to broach the topic at this moment of tranquility. But she knew Ragini had to let it all out. She should be blind not to see her sister struggling to control bursting out into tears.

"Why Swara? Do you think that I lied to you?" 

"No Ragu... Ma, you explain her, na. Why are you being so defensive? Ma, I feel her being different Ragini. Something..."

"Swara, we discussed and decided on the matter yesterday. Why are you pulling Maa into this?" Ragini sat up facing her sister.

"Yeah, but maybe because I was excited or careless, I just heard what you said. But I also saw what your eyes conveyed. When I thought more after we went to bed, its.."

"Swara, I decided on this matter and that's final. Your marriage..."

"Drop my marriage, Ragini! We are yet to talk on that." Ragini and Sharmishta startled at the tinge of rage in Swara's voice. "Ragini, you only said you treasure relations. It had been only 2 days of your marriage and you realized now that it will be loveless marriage? Even before, you knew how it would be, even the moment you agreed to marry Laksh. You're not Swara to take decision like this. You first think of what Papa, Ma, Dadi and Dadaji would need, what would be the result, what others..."

"Swara, that time I couldn't think about all these."

"That's what I'm asking why? And how? How could you not be Ragini then? Couldn't think about all these? Something was wrong! And why are cutting my words in between? As if you're avoiding my questions; trying to cover up something."

"Swara, no more discussions on this matter. We decided yesterday and we told to our family also, right. They agreed to our points and that's all, it's over!" Ragini stood to go to her room after while Swara pulled her down.