33. THE PAST

Note : Messed up Update. Not edited

"Bhai, Bhabhi, Ananya.. Come down for breakfast." Uttara rushed to the study.

"Uttara, we will have it later. You go and have with elders." The lame attempt to shoo away interruptions was shown by Ananya.

"But Badi maa said that discussions can wait half an hour. Your wish. She will give you earful." Uttara shrugged and went; she neither wanted to force them nor leave them in hunger.

Everyone sighed. The elders were adamant on talking the things at night which they managed to postpone. Now, without a clarity between themselves, they need to face their questions.

As they began to walk to the dining, Sanskar's phone rang.

"It's important call. I'll attend and join you guys."

***

"Bhai!" Laksh calls out to Sanskar as others left the study. "Everything handled? You talked to her?"

Sanskar nods a yes.

Laksh sighs in relief. "Did you say it to her?" He asks with a slight grin, cocking his eyebrows.

"Not the right time, lucky." Sanskar patted Laksh dousing his relief and excitement.

"What!!?" Laksh said exasperated. "Bhai, it's necessary. You can't just risk your life. Will you wait for any pandit ji to tell the 'subh muhurat' to you?"

The day when Madhu was exposed; in study

"Bhai, I have checked Mehta's file. Just confirm it once. We should send it today. Do you need to visit doctor today?"

Sanskar was lost in thoughts about the incidents. "Huh?.. No lucky. I spoke with doctor yesterday. He's in Patna for a week. So... And the file is fine."

"So how do you feel Bhai?" Laksh asks playfully all of a sudden.

"The clauses seems fine. Why? You went through them, right?"

Laksh rolls his eyes. "Let's talk about you.."

"Me?.. I'm good now. Ragini is better---

Laksh narrows his eyes with a grin and wiggle his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Arre, say na Bhai.."

"Oh.. Woh.. " Sanskar looks here and there. "You won't stop nagging, right?" Sanskar says rubbing his eyebrows.

"Aah.. I got my answer." Laksh winked at Sanskar.

"Thanks." Sanskar rolled his eyes.

"I'm happy, Bhai." Laksh smiled heartily patting Sanskar's shoulder. "So when?"

"When what?" He spat.

"Come on, Bhai! There would have been a moment when it clicked that 'your heart is no more yours'. And when are you telling her?" Laksh asked enthusiastically.

Sanskar rolled eyes at his brother unknowingly. "It didn't occur in a moment, Laksh. It was gradual; on considering her as my wife from the moment I filled her Maang, the initial months where we spent time laughing with each other, when she used to talk to me like a child, and on comforting each other. And when I felt I'll lose her, that moment made me realise that my life will be meaningless without her." A small smile played on Sanskar's lips, his eyes twinkling with adoration.