31. KAVITHA

Recap : Kavitha's entry

"Kavitha!" Laksh gasped in horror, grabbing the attention of others, seeing the petite figure standing deadly serene before them.

"Kavitha?" Swara, Ananya and Arvind got puzzled of the most unexpected entry.

"Kavitha as in Sanskar bhaiyya's ex?" Ananya mumbled her question, various questions rushing to her brain but got no response in return. Laksh's face gave away the answer. "Ohh my Lakshmi, new twist!!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

Durgaprasad Maheswari stood dumbfounded at the guest. The girl he saw 3 years before is nowhere near the girl standing before her. The wave of shock and confusion did hit others too, the name was enough.

'What he is witnessing at the moment is a dream!' That is what Sanskar wanted to believe. But, may be, fate is bitterer.

His Past! His Love! HIS KAVITHA!!!!

Whole of his past reeled in his mind in few minutes making his eyes glassy. "Kavitha..." He mumbled softly as a tear escaped his left eye.

Ragini's trance broke on hearing Sanskar's mumbling. She couldn't decipher what to be done at the moment on being pushed to another menacing trench of her life. She glanced Sanskar only to find her all-time support shattering into bits slowly. He was crying! She extended her arms to hold his shoulders in support only to be missed as Sanskar moved forward.

"Sans...." Swara words trailed off as Ragini held her back from stopping Sanskar. No one should be anything other than audience except two.

Sanskar strode towards Kavitha, his eyes trying to study her but in vain. He couldn't guage her. He raised his hands to touch her face thinking, maybe it's a dream; her name not leaving his lips.

"Sanskar..." Kavitha mumbled softly; a soft smile adorning her lips, her eyes slightly glassy but it didn't take much time for it to emit fire, her smile got added with a perfect smirk.

"Whom are you calling out, Mr. Sanskar Maheswari?" Kavitha raised eyebrow folding her hands near her chest, her voice clearly mocking Sanskar.

Sanskar was taken aback at the tone of Kavitha. "That is what I also want to ask. Who are you? You can't be my Kavitha!" He was dazed and his voice came out as whisper. Neither his heart nor his brain could digest the joke happening in his life.

"Right, Sanskar!" Kavitha's voice was calm; maybe before the storm. "I'm not YOUR Kavitha. YOUR KAVITHA DIED! YOU KILLED HER 3 YEARS BACK!"

Sanskar flinched as she roared at him. 'HE KILLED HIS KAVITHA?' Her clenched jaws and tight fist revealed her hostility; her eyes showed something close to hatred in them; was she the one whom he loved all these years?; was she the one who loved him long back?

"Do Maheswari family treat their guests like this?" Her demeanor changed all of a sudden shifting her attention to the family members; her rage doused for the smirk to return. "Malkin, why do you seem to be in a daze?"She asked approaching a bewildered Ragini.

"Mrs. Ragini Maheswari, wife of Sanskar Maheswari, daughter-in-law of the Maheswaris, is standing here like a scared kitten! Tch Tch! I expected more from you." She said gently patting Ragini.

'Why was everyone's mouth zipped all of a sudden?' Ragini mused

"I thought to have a Sherlock Holmes time here but this turned to be a horror story, Sir." Ananya couldn't help getting frenzy on the unexpected turn of events and the building suspense. 

"Hi Devarji!" Kavitha called out to Laksh. "Ohh..I meant Ragini's devarji." She completed with a smirk. The confusion and bewilderment of the Maheswaris excited her, more than she expected.