To be a Hero

As Shihiro remained in the ground crying tears joy, Izumi looked at him with a fond smile.

Izumi: 'Maybe..... He can help to change this world....'

Izumi approached the crying boy and pulled him into a hug.

Izumi: Come on, you cant be a hero if you can't stop crying -she said while also letting out a soft laugh.

Shihiro then cleaned his eyes and chuckled at her words.

Shihiro: Y-yeah, sorry...

Izumi pulled herself apart from Shihiro but grabbed him by the shoulders.

Izumi: Don't be -she said sternly- crying is part of human nature. It is something that helps us remember our own humanity -she said more softly this time.

Izumi then released him and stood up, Shihiro did so as well.

Izumi: It's getting late, you know you are not supposed to be outside this late. The M.Ps. can catch you and then.....

Shihiro: I know, but don't worry, I know routes they don't check!

Izumi smiled at him.

Izumi: Very good then, meet me here tomorrow at 2:00 pm, then we will start your training. Just so you know, it will be far from easy.
Shihiro: I have always known the path to be a hero would be a difficult one, and nothing in my life has ever been easy, so I didn't expect this to be easy, I am more than ready.

Izumi smiled at seeing the determination the boy had in his eyes. Still, she also couldn't help to feel bad and guilty, it was confirmed this boy's life was far from easy.

Izumi: Very well then, see ya later, Shihiro!

Izumi then turned to the sky and once again went flying off into the distance.

Shihiro smiled.

Shihiro: I can't believe this is happening to me!

Shihiro then went running down the path he was going to finally reach his house. It was almost 7 pm the curfew was to be in place soon, so he couldn't be seen outside unless he wanted to face serious consequences.

He ran as fast as he could to his house.

6:59 pm.

Shihiro quickly opened the door and slammed it back, he fell to the ground while panting hard and breathing heavily.

Shihiro: That was...... Huf...... Too... Close...

Ms.Atara: Shihiro!

Shihiro: I am here mom!

Ms Atara came bursting into the living room where his son was still on the floor and hugged him frantically.

Ms Atara: Oh son, you have no idea how much I had been worried about you, you cant go around scaring your mother like that.

Shihiro: I know mom! I just lost track of time, y-yeah that's all!

Ms. Atara: Okay young man.

She then let her son go and stood up.

Shihiro: I am sorry mom... I couldn't find any bread...

Ms. Atara: Now now don't worry about it, what matters is we are together.

Shihiro: Yeah, thanks, mom...

From the outside of the building, Izumi was flying as she saw the ghettos from a distance. She wanted to make sure the boy had reached his home without any troubles. She observed the state of the ghettos and a sad expression marked in her face.