Old Allies

The weeks kept passing, and Shihiro was making extraordinary progress. His physique was really well built now, and he had been getting better and better at avoiding Riza's attacks. However, he still was nowhere close to beating her. He had also been taught the basics of hand to hand combat so he could now defend himself pretty well. He trained all afternoon until it was time for him to return due to the curfew.

Right now he found himself avoiding Riza's attacks which kept throwing spikes at him as well as pressured wind and water as well as fire barrages. From the side, Izumi watched, and suddenly she saw as Shoto came to her side.

Shoto: Geez they have been going at it all day long, this is a first for him to come since the morning, what happened?

Izumi: Well I have something special for him planned on Monday, so I decided to give him Sunday off, but he would have to train today all day long.

Shoto: Sounds about right, what have you planned?

Izumi: Just to present him to an old friend of ours.

Shoto: Ah... Poor boy...

Izumi smirked at that.

Shihiro kept dodging, but suddenly his legs wouldn't react anymore, so he resulted in trying and blocking the incoming pillar with his hand, when suddenly...

Izumi: Stop!

The pillar stopped, but Shihiro remained in his position.

Riza retracted the pillar as she cleaned up the mess. Shihiro fell to the ground in exhaustion.

Suddenly Riza came up to him.

Riza: Wow, Shi! I can't believe you managed to last for so long! You have really improved a lot!

Shihiro: You *huff* really *huff* think so?

Riza: Yeah! You are amazing!

Shihiro: *huff* thanks!

Izumi: Yes you are, you have made so much improvement in so little time it's indeed impressive.

Shihiro: Thanks sensei!

Izumi: Now I don't think there is too much more for you to learn, just a few more lessons in hand to hand combat and the rest is experience, you need to keep building up your body as well as your reflexes.

Shihiro: I will keep that in mind, although you know I always dreamed about specializing in weapon combat.

Izumi: Really? What kind of weapon do you like? Maybe I can arrange some classes.

Shihiro: Well, I always liked the sword!

Izumi: The... Sword?....

Shihiro: Yeah!