Chapter 4: A Talking Cat

"WILL! I CAN SHOOT A LASER BEAM FROM MY FACE!" Bill cried, pointing to his eye with excitement.

Will looked up from his book, "What? Ew! Do it then!" he said, setting his book down to watch.

This should be interesting.

Bill got into a weird video game fighter stance and narrowed his eye as he stared at the far wall. The next thing he knew, a red beam shot out of his eye, and he was flung back from the force. He slid down the wall as the beam stopped and face-planted on the floor, groaning softly as steam rose from his body.

Will looked concerned, "Bill? Are you okay?"

"Yup...Just give me a second...Ow..."

Will snorted with laughter and went back to his book.

~

6 years later ~

Ford hurried into the dining room, slightly late for breakfast that morning, "Good morning everyone! You'll never guess what I found!" he said, a smile on his face,

"A bug!" Will guessed, making his twin snort,

"What? No! Why would you say that?" Ford asked,

Ozy giggled "Cause there's a spider on your shoulder" he pointed out.

Ford cringed and flicked it away, "I found a whole new chapter on spelling in those books you gave me ages ago. It would seem the author has 'updated' his book. The other day I saw one of the books adding pages to itself and words being written in ink!"

Will sipped his tea, "Neat, must be a book Bill got from the future for me."

Ozy reached for the butter dish as his pancakes grew lacking in the stuff and gasped as instead of picking it up, it floated the rest of the way towards him, landing just centimetres from his outstretched fingers. Bill choked on his juice, Ford gaped in shock and the entire table went silent.

Ozy blushed as everyone stared at him, "Um...That wasn't me?"

"You've got demon powers!" Ford said excitedly,

"Yay?"

Mason grinned, "You have your own magic!"

Will hugged Ozy, "Mommy's so proud!"

Ozy whined and pushed against him, "Moooom! Let me go! You're embarrassing me!"

"No one cares but you, Ozy, be quiet and let your mother hug you" Mason said, smiling at his son as he grumbled, his face smooshed into his mothers chest. Ford sat down in his seat and reached for a few pancakes, "I probably should have seen that coming, to be honest, he does have blue specs in his hair"

Bill ruffled Ozy's hair as Will released him, "Now you just need some training."

Ozy picked up the butter and spread some of the half-melted-yellow stuff onto his pancakes.

Ford magicked the butter over to himself once Ozy was done and started doing up his own pancakes, "Who's going to train him, considering your track record" he asked, topping it with strawberry jam and some berries.

Will frowned, "What does that even mean?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Remember when you tried to teach him math? Science? Anything smart?" Ford asked, taking a bite of his creation.

Bill chuckled, "Oof yeah, that did not go well at all." he said, looking at his Nephew. He grimaced at the thick amount of butter on his breakfast and non-existent fruit, "You eat pancakes weird, kid" he pointed out.