Chapter 7: First Day

There it was, Reverse Falls Public School, home for kids of all ages, from first grade to twelfth. Young kids and high school kids all mixed into one strange vat of social learning.

"Are you ready, Ozy?" Mason asked, adjusting the straps on Ozy's school bag as Will tucked his son's lunchbox inside and zipped it up. Ozy nodded and slung it over his shoulder once his mother had passed it to him. The back had an eye on it so Will could monitor him if needed, but he wouldn't be able to do it for long though, due to limitations.

"Good luck, I love you sweetie!" Will said, unlocking the door to the backseat and allowing Ozy to leave the car. Ozy smiled and waved his goodbyes to them before he hurried through the gates. Immediately kids looked at him, parents stared, and all Ozy could do was keep his head down and make his way to his class.

~

The teacher clapped her hands and everyone fell silent as the general 'before school' talking was dismissed, "Now, everyone, we have a new classmate joining us" she said, waving her hand to Ozy to come forward as he appeared in the doorway, Ozy did so cautiously, "This is Ozymandias Gleeful. Be kind to him and make him feel welcome, which I know you'll do perfectly."

Ozy put up a hand and waved nervously to his new classmates, most of which were glaring or avoiding eye contact with him. A girl with long, light brown hair, freckles and bright green eyes put up a hand, "Miss? Do we have to call him Ozymandias? Or does he have a nickname? Can we call him Dias for short?" she questioned.

The teacher patted Ozy's shoulder, "That's up for Ozymandias to say, Ozymandias? What should we call you?"

"You can call me Ozy, if you want, Dias is what my family call me..."

Katherine smiled, "Great! You can sit next to me, if you want?"

Ozy nodded, "S-Sure" he stuttered, trailing over to the seat she pulled out and sitting down, "It's nice to meet you, what's your name?" he asked, putting his bag between his feet.

"DON'T TELL HIM! IF THOSE GLEEFULS KNOW YOUR TRUE NAME THEY'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL!" a random kid cried out loudly, their teacher shushed him. Ozy rolled his eyes and Katherine giggled, "My names Katherine, and I actually think it would be cool if you stole my soul, at least then I've got a good excuse to leave school, it's so boring."

"We don't steal souls" Ozy said,

"I heard Stanford Gleeful has, he has evil magic and can summon demons, at the click of his six fingers!! Is that true?" she asked,

Ozy giggled, "Uncle Ford isn't evil, at least not anymore, and his six fingers is called polydactylism, it's not uncommon but it's not common either. And yes, he did summon a demon, but Mom wouldn't hurt a fly." Ozy explained, mentally chuckling as he saw Kate's mind blow before his eyes. She gaped at him, utterly speechless. "We need to talk at lunch." she insisted,

Ozy nodded, "Sure." he replied, taking out his books and stationary needed.

"You two! Focus on the lesson please" the teacher scolded, tapping the board with her hand, Ozy grinned, "Sorry, Miss!" he replied, hastily writing down the notes he was missing out on.

~

Katherine's eyes widened, "Your Mom is a demon??!!!" she whisper yelled, "Shhh" Ozy hushed, putting up his hands and looking around, but no one had heard them that he could see,

"Can she do magic? Can you do magic?" Katherine asked, starry-eyed and grinning from ear to ear. Ozy nodded, "Yeah, watch this" he said, making the boy who yelled out earlier yelp in shock as his hat was suddenly tugged down over his face. With another swish of a finger, he ties his shoelaces together. The boy stood up and fell over as he attempted to remove his hat from his head, an kids began to laugh at his misfortune.