My Name Is Ozymandias One Shot: Prom Night

Prom night, the night Kate had been looking forward too the most in her senior years of high school, Ozy not so much. Sure he was great at dancing, could sing perfectly and make people stare at his good looks and charming personality, he was just nervous to be spending the night with Kate.

A lot of the students at the school bullied her, saying that she was only with Ozy to get to the Gleeful fortune he was entitled too. But Ozy knew that wasn't true, he had of course known her since he was nine. Kate had been the only one to befriend him, despite the rumors floating around. She had the 'I don't care' attitude about her that he loved and put up with his moods, because she knew he had a good heart.

~

He hadn't seen Kate's dress, but her mother had told her the colour so he could match the tie he was trying his best to do up. His father helped him with the bow tie as he struggled and smoothed out the wrinkles on his jacket, "Look at you, all grown up, your mom would be so proud"

Ozy smiled, "He'd be crying"

"And taking photos"

"So many photos, Uncle Bill would have to pry the camera from his fingers."

The two laughed. 

Willow walked passed with a book in her hands, her long blue hair tied into a ponytail, "Are you really going to that lame school prom?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at her cousin.

Ozy scoffed, "Ah duh, go play with your dollies, Willow wisp"

Willow rolled her eyes, "I don't have dolls, you dummy! Anymore of that attitude and I'll turn you into one and play dress up" she scoffed back.  

Ozy chuckled and Willow smirked, "Have fun at Prom, I have math to do" she said, heading back to her room.

"You don't have to do math, you can watch cartoons like a normal child" he called after her.

Mason chuckled, "Let her be, she's happy."

"How the fuck does Math make her happy!?" he whined, shielding his face as his father smacked him. He chuckled softly and pretended to look hurt,

"Language." his father grumped.

~

Ozy knocked on the door and waited patiently for his date on the steps as he fiddled with the small gift he had bought for her. Kate's mother answered the door and practically squealed, "Oh, look at you! So precious!" she cooed, tugging him inside. 

"Wheres Kate?"

"Almost ready, give her a second." 

Kate appeared in the hallway in a beautiful blue dress and he felt his cheeks heat up, "Wow" he whispered, "You look stunning" he added, holding out the present.  

The girl blushed and took the small gift from his hands, "You clean up nice too." she replied, removing the dark blue wrappings to reveal a silver necklace inside the velvet lined box,

"I'm always clean" he grumped, helping her put it on as she handed it to him. 

Kate giggled and posed with him so her mother could take photos, "You kids have a good night! Stay safe!" Kate's mother said, tucking the camera away safely. 

She couldn't wait to print them out. 

Ozy nodded, "Don't worry, I'll take good care of her" he said, offering his hand to his date as he opened the door for her, "Your carriage awaits, Miss Keene"

Kate giggled, "You better have not brought a real carriage."

"Oh no, of course not, I got a limo. Got to get with the modern times," Ozy replied. 

Kate smiled, "I love you so much sometimes, you dork." she said, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she trailed down the steps. 

Ozy blushed beet red and smiled, "I l-love you too."