Chapter 15: Christmas

Will grabbed Mason's hand as a song on the radio came on and the man let out a yelp as he was pulled in, "Dance with me, this is our song remember? We played it at our wedding" Will said, waltzing them slowly around the kitchen as lunch bubbled away in the pot on the stove. Mason chuckled, "You're so random" he said, leaning his head on Will's shoulder, he was still a bit short and couldn't quite reach but that was okay.

"I haven't done this in a while"

"Still better than when you started out"

Mason snorted, "Well obviously, I didn't know how to dance"

Will giggled, "You were so bad"

"And then you taught me, and I wasn't"

"You needed the lessons"

"No, I didn't. It was dumb Gleeful tradition, I had to learn!"

"Hey! Dancing is for anyone, and everyone should know how to dance" Will insisted. Mason patted his cheek and smiled, "Of course dear." he said, wrapping his arms around him with a smile and nuzzling into him as the snow fell softly outside. Will stopped the dancing to hug him back, breathing in his scent, comforting and his.

~

Finally, after what felt like weeks of waiting, watching and decorating, it was finally the day Ozy had been waiting for. He rolled over and check the time, grimacing at the clock. It was only 5 am and he knew he'd be sent back to bed for sure. The nine-year-old got out anyway, racing to his parents' bedroom and jumping onto the covers. "WAKE UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS! COME ON! COME ON!" he cried, shaking them excitedly.

Mason groaned,

"Wakkkkeeee uppppp!" he insisted, Will pushed him off the bed and rolled over, cuddling into Mason, "Ozy, go back to bed" he whined, "It's to early."

"But!

"BACK TO BED!" they both shouted.

Ozy frowned and stomped out the room, his Uncle Ford would be awake, he could get him up instead. Ozy peered in to see that his Uncle was in fact asleep in his bed, covers pulled up to his chin and drooling on his pillow. "Uncle Ford! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Ozy cried, leaping onto the bed and bouncing on the blankets to wake him up,

Ford grumbled at the movement, "Hmmm?"

"It's Christmas!"

Ford peeled his eyes open and looked up at the excited child with a very unpleased look, "Dias, I was asleep, you know that's a miracle of Jesus, damn it!" he huffed, grabbing Ozy by his ankle and pulling him down. Ozy grinned, "A Christmas miracle?" he asked.

"Yeah, whatever, I was asleep for a few blissful hours, I was hoping to have a few more"

"It's Christmas! How can everyone be asleep on a day like this!?"

"Because we stayed up till twelve singing cheesy carols, that's what!"

Ozy grinned and made to leave, yelping as his uncle pulled him back by his pajama shirt for a hug, "Merry Christmas, you little brat" he said affectionately. Ozy giggled, "Merry Christmas, Uncle Ford! Can we open presents now? Pleassseeee!?"

"Okay, but don't open all of them, save some for when your lump parents get summoned by the smell of waffles"

"WAFFLES!" Ozy yelled excitedly, rushing out the room as quickly as he could and tripping over the hallway rug in the process. "Slow down! You're going to break your neck!" Ford cried after him, chuckling softly as he got out of bed.

~

Ozy went for the biggest box he could find with his name on it and torn off the paper as Ford walked in with his cup of freshly made coffee and a plate of waffles for everyone, "What'cha got there?" he asked, knowing full well what it was as the paper revealed what had been hidden away.