Chapter 16: A Strange Dynamic

Over the course of a few days, you had started to understand the two better. You could often hear them bickering, even if they weren't in the room. They rarely got along, and when they did, it was never good. Currently, you could hear them upstairs. They seemed to be arguing. Eventually, you could hear one of them leave. The door slammed shut loudly. 

A loud pair of footsteps made their way downstairs, stopping in front of the door. Anxiety welled up within you. After a few seconds, the door was opened to reveal Bakugo. He seemed annoyed and ticked off until he met your gaze. His crimson eyes stared into yours as he slowly made his way toward you, a sort of lust clouding his gaze.

Bakugo caressed your face with one of his rough hands, looking down at you longingly. You looked up at him fearfully, your body shaking slightly. The ash-blonde looked like he was about to do something, but he stopped himself. He walked over to one of the walls, grabbing fistfuls of his hair frustratedly. The tall boy growled, angrily punching the wall and leaving a small mark. "Goddammit!" He spat.

"K-Katsuki...?" You muttered, trying to gain Bakugo's attention. The ash-blonde turned around, his eyes showing anger and insanity. "Yes, my love?" He answered, sending a shiver down your spine. Your breath hitched and your face flushed. His tone alone made you embarrassed. "N-Nevermind." You quickly said, not meeting his gaze. 

This seemed to annoy Bakugo, but he surprisingly didn't snap at you. This may or may not have been because he heard the front door open. His attention was turned away from you for a split second. It didn't take long for the ash-blonde to look back at you. He gently kissed your forehead, beginning to walk away. "I'll be back soon, my love."

~

Actually, Bakugo didn't return at all that day. Neither did Midoriya. It was strange. Normally, at least one of them would wish you a good night's rest. However, that was not the case. For whatever reason, neither had come to see you since earlier that day. At the current time, you couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, it meant that you had a chance to escape. On the other, it meant that they were planning something.

Over the few days that you'd been there, you'd slowly been loosening the ropes around your wrists. Luckily, neither of the males had noticed. So, after making sure neither of them was awake (through listening for them speaking, etc.), you freed your wrists. Gently, you rubbed them, trying to ease your pain.

Regardless, purple bruises covered your wrists where the ropes had been. Quickly, you untied the rest of your restraints, trying to stand up. At first, you fell. You lifted yourself off of the floor, carefully heading toward the door. Your heart pounded like drums in your ears as your hand grasped the handle. After swinging the door open, you climbed to the top of the staircase. 

Once at the top, you waited for a moment, listening for either Bakugo or Midoriya. Luckily, neither was there. You slowly crept toward the door, praying that there were no security measures. Being as lucky as you are, there were none. Almost frantically, you threw the door open. You ran outside, not thinking of the consequences.

After stepping foot into the outdoors, you noticed that you had no clue where you were. Since you were still new to Japan, directions were difficult. A sense of panic settled into your heart as you scanned the street signs, desperately trying to figure out where you were. As you did this, one of the lights turned on from behind you. One of them was awake.

Mentally cursing, you tried to figure out where to go as fast as possible. It didn't take long for you to notice a silhouette making its way down the stairs. There was a brief moment of disbelief as the figure suddenly burst outside, making their features visible in the moonlight. It was Bakugo. You noticed that Midoriya wasn't far behind him. 

Your eyes widened in fear as you bolted off in a random direction. Bakugo was about to run after you when Midoriya stopped him. The green-haired devil had a smirk on his face as he held his arm across the ash-blonde's chest. He whispered something, a plan, most likely. The taller male narrowed his eyes and angrily walked back inside, the little devil not too far behind.

If you had noticed this, you likely would've stopped running. Unfortunately, you didn't see this. So, you ran off until you eventually found a familiar street. It didn't take all that long. From there, you made your way home. You decided it was best that you waited until the morning when you could tell your teacher.

~

That night, you didn't sleep at all. Dark circles covered your once bright (E/C) eyes and dark purple bruises littered your skin from where the rope had once been. You tried to calm down, taking a shower and brushing hair. Early the next morning, you received a text from an unknown number. 

A shiver ran down your spine as you read it, trying to keep your composure. It was a threat. If you told anyone about what had happened, you'd be in serious trouble. You figured that the text came from Midoriya, but you weren't certain. Regardless, you got ready for school and did your best to hide the bruises. 

Uneasiness settled into your heart as you walked to school, feeling eyes staring right through you. However, when you looked, there was nobody there. You quickened your walking pace, getting to U.A. as fast as you could. Once you did, you headed straight for your classroom. On your way, you ran into a tall blonde boy with bright blue eyes.

"You're from class 1-A, aren't you? The transfer from America? What a loser!" He said, laughing. You locked your gaze on the floor, trying to ignore him as you kept walking. "Trying to run away now, huh? Don't even! Someone as useless as you shouldn't even be in U.A.! All your class does is ruin everyone else's lives!" You tried to ignore his comments, quickening your pace. 

A few feet behind you stood Midoriya and Shinso, who had both seen this take place. Murderous glares took place on their features. Monoma was going to pay.

~

"It won't be much longer, my princess. Soon, you'll be mine~"