Chapter 25: A Last Resort

Todoroki didn't return until the next day. The entire time that he was gone, you couldn't find what the silver key had belonged to. So, you decided to wait until the next day. When you woke up, Todoroki wasn't laying next to you. Instead, he was in a chair beside the bed, writing in his notebook. 

"Morning, princess," Todoroki noted, not even looking up. You sat up, digging through your pocket to make sure that the key was still there. Luckily for you, it was. "M-Morning." You replied shakily, trying to seem as innocent as possible. He knew that you were up to something, but didn't say anything. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I really didn't mean it," Todoroki explained, rubbing the back of his neck. You smiled slightly. "It's okay, I understand." You said, trying to meet his eyes. He shifted his gaze, seeming like he was in deep thought. "I need you to tell me that you love me." He suddenly stated, keeping his eyes on the floor. You were taken aback.

"W-What?!" You exclaimed, blushing profusely. Todoroki looked over to you, his pleading eyes looking into yours. "I need you to tell me that you love me." He repeated, keeping eye contact. You looked away, trying to hide your blush. He gently gripped your chin, making you look at him. "Please." He added, his vulnerability surprising you.

Your gaze shifted for a split second. You weren't sure what to do. "S-Shoto, I... I love you." You hesitantly said, your blush darkening. Todoroki pressed his lips to yours passionately, running one of his hands through your hair. He broke away, staring deep into your eyes. Suddenly, an evil smirk spread across his face.

In Todoroki's hand was the silver key from your pocket. "So, you went into my room yesterday?" He asked, his smirk disappearing. You looked away nervously. "Yeah..." You admitted sheepishly. Instead of being mad, like you thought he would be, he shrugged. "I thought you would." He admitted, slipping the key into his pocket. 

"What was that whole thing about?" You asked, wanting to know why Todoroki had embarrassed you. He looked back up at you, his face now serious. "I needed to know. Plus, now I can show you what that key opens up." He answered. Your face lit up excitedly. "Really?" You inquired. He nodded, standing up. 

"If you want, I can show you right now." Todoroki offered, slowly making his way toward the door. You jumped up, following behind him. He led you over to his room, allowing you to step inside first. Once you did, he opened one of his drawers and lifted a false bottom from it. There was a small ice blue box sitting inside of it.

Todoroki lifted the box from the drawer and placed it on top of his dresser. You leaned over to look at it, seeing the small and intricate detailing on the outside. "Pretty, isn't it? It was my mother's." He explained, pulling the silver key from his pocket. He smiled softly, likely reminiscing in a memory.

Todoroki's hands shook slightly as he unlocked and opened the small box, placing the key next to it. First, he lifted out several pictures. All of them were of you. Sure, it was stalker-ish, but that didn't matter. It was the sentiment that counted. After that was some of your doodles. The ones that you drew in class and then threw away because they weren't good. 

Finally, Todoroki took out a small necklace. It had a silver chain with an ice-blue bell attached to it. (Like a harmony ball. If you don't know what it is, look it up.) He handed it to you, allowing you to look at it. "It's for you. That way, if you ever need me, you can just ring the bell. I'll always save you." He explained, blushing slightly.

You put the necklace on, barely meeting Todoroki's gaze. He smiled. "It looks good on you." He complimented, cupping your cheek in his hand. You blushed and averted your gaze. "Don't get all shy on me now, princess. I still have one more thing to give you." He grabbed a piece of paper from the bottom of the box, handing it to you. Unfolding it, you took a glance at what was inside.

'(Y/N) (L/N), you are my everything.
My sun, my moon, and my starlit night.
When I met you, I never thought that you could change my whole life.
However, after only one look, you'd set my heart alight.

You now mean more to me than you could ever know.
With your gaze more innocent than the freshly fallen snow.
I love you more than life itself.
I don't think you fully understand, though.

I've gone to great lengths to win your love.
To me, you're like an angel from heaven above.
Or perhaps, you're more like a  bird, maybe a dove.
You're as free as a bird, so I ask you to make this decision.

I'm afraid to ask this question.
Mostly because I don't know how you'll answer.
So, I have to ask.
Will you stay with me?
'

"Shoto, I..." You trailed off, blush still prominent on your features. Todoroki was quick to speak. "It was too soon, wasn't it? I'm sorry. I just thought that-" You interrupted him, placing a finger to his lips. You smiled. "Of course I'll stay. I love you." You said, hugging him tightly. He seemed like he was in shock.

"Y-You're being serious, r-right?" Todoroki asked, sounding like he was about to cry. You nodded. "Yes, I'm being serious. I love you, Shoto." You repeated. He suddenly hugged you back, trapping you in his warm embrace. Tears slipped down his cheeks. "Thank you..." He whispered breathlessly. You smiled uncontrollably, nuzzling your face into the crook of his neck. "I love you." He said, kissing your neck. "I love you so much."

~

"How about now?"

"Yes."

"What?! No fun- wait, really?!"

"Uh-huh. We do it tonight."

"No way! Finally!"

"Just keep quiet until then, will you? I'm trying to sleep."