Chapter 39: A Cautious Pair

!THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES GORE AND DEATH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Mirio and Tamaki plotted in the living room, trying to figure out a plan. They needed to get rid of Momo. If she was even barely suspicious of them, it was too much. "Do you r-really think this will work?" The indigo-haired boy asked. He was still unsure. The blonde nodded. "Of course it will. She's smart, but she's insecure. We've got this." He reassured, placing his hand on his friend's shoulder.

Tamaki nodded, his eyes now deathly serious. "Fine then. L-Looks like we're going to be putting o-our plan into motion." He replied. Mirio seemed shocked. "Now? As in, right now? Like, now now?" The blonde inquired in disbelief. His indigo-haired friend nodded. "W-We don't have time to lose. Go." He ordered. 

Mirio nodded, standing up. He made sure he looked presentable before heading outside. If he was correct, the female in question would be at the mall with the rest of her friends. So, he began his journey. The blonde acted as he would any other day, making his way cheerfully toward the mall.

It didn't take very long for Mirio to get there. Maybe about five minutes. He caught sight of Momo quickly. As he suspected, she was out with the other girls in her class. The blonde boy hid, wanting to hear what they were talking about before he began his plan. "Did you hear about (Y/N)?" Jiro asked absentmindedly, toying with one of her headphone jacks.

Ochako nodded. "Yeah! They say that she ran away, but I don't think that's right." She responded. Momo looked down at the floor in silence, a look of melancholy in her gaze. "It totally isn't like her to just run off! Plus, the last place we saw her was in school!" Toru cut in, making the black-haired girl look up slightly.

"It's almost like-" Jiro was cut off as Momo joined the conversation. Everyone turned to the girl in question, intrigued. "She was kidnapped. I feel that the same is true about Mina, we haven't seen her for a while." The intelligent female said. The girls nodded in agreement. Mirio scowled from where he was hidden. The situation was worse than he thought.

So, the blonde boy stalked the group until Momo was inevitably separated from them. Mirio smiled to himself. This was going to be too easy. He snuck up behind her, placing his hand on her shoulder. The girl jumped, before turning around to look at him. "Momo, right? Sorry to bug you, but I wanted to talk!" He said cheerfully, catching her off-guard. 

Momo's eyes narrowed slightly, but she brushed off her unease and smiled. "Yeah. Sure, we can chat." She replied, wanting to get to know the upperclassman better. Mirio smiled, hiding his malicious intent. "Great! Tamaki and I were about to meet, so you can come with if you'd like." He offered, shrugging. 

"That'd be great! I'd love to get to talk with the two of you. I know how close both of you were with (Y/N) and had a few questions." Momo mentioned, almost making Mirio freeze. He became slightly nervous, but eased his worries and began to lead the girl to her deathbed. "Is that so? Well, feel free to ask away!" He said, his eyes darting around the area. 

Momo seemed happy. She was going to get answers. At least, that's what she thought. Mirio turned a corner into an alleyway, leaving the black-haired girl confused. Tamaki stood in the darkness, awaiting his chance to strike. "M-Mirio-senpai?" She asked, glancing around the alley. The blonde looked at her. "Hm?" He hummed in response, raising an eyebrow.

"Why did you take us into an alleyway?" Momo asked, feeling worried. Mirio only smiled. "I just figured it was a more private place for questions, that's all!" He answered. She accepted his reasoning, ignoring her unease. The black-haired girl asked her questions and got some answers, but she wouldn't be able to do anything with them.

Momo smiled. "Well, thank you very much, Mirio-senpai. I'll be on my way now." She said, standing up and beginning to walk away. The blonde boy grabbed her wrist. "Not so fast." He muttered, glancing at his indigo-haired friend who hid in the shadows. The slightly smaller boy nodded, tackling the girl to the ground.

Tamaki had lost control. He couldn't hear anything but the rushing of his pulse in his ears. Momo called out, trying to escape the grasp of the boy. She even tried using her quirk, creating blades the buried themselves into his flesh. Regardless, he didn't back down. The boy dug his nails into her skin, growling and narrowing his eyes.

As Momo went to scream again, Tamaki sank his fangs into her throat. Biting down as hard as he could, he pulled upward. He had ripped out her trachea. The boy was practically feral. He began to throw punches at her face, bloodying her and bashing her skull in. Mirio stood back and watched in horror as this happened, not expecting his shy friend to go this far. 

Tamaki licked Momo's blood from his lips, standing up and acting as if nothing had happened. He breathed heavily, trying to regain composure. Mirio looked at the blood that covered the boy's hands and face, trying not to be squeamish. "H-Hey, Mirio?" The slightly smaller boy called, making the blonde snap back to reality. 

Mirio looked Tamaki in the eyes. "Yeah?" He asked, doing his best to not shake with fear. His eyes glanced at the now unrecognizable girl as his stomach churned. "Do you think t-that I'll get her quirk?" The indigo-haired boy asked, raising the girl's arm to his lips. The blonde looked at his friend with a terrified expression. "What?! Are you insane?!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

Tamaki glanced down at the girl's skin, resisting the urge to bite her for the time being. "W-With the way my q-quirk works, I mean. Wouldn't i-it make sense?" He asked, looking up at Mirio. The blonde boy glanced at the body, then to his friend. "I mean, maybe. But you really shouldn't-" He cuts himself off as the slightly smaller boy bites into the now-dead girl's flesh. 

"Tamaki!" Mirio yells, watching in horror. The indigo-haired boy rips his mouth away, wiping it with his sleeve. "Hm?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. The blonde glanced from the girl to the smaller boy frantically. "Did you really just-?!" He exclaims in disbelief. The smaller boy looks up at him innocently, looking confused. "Of c-course I did. If I can get h-her quirk, won't that just make e-everything easier?" He asked. The taller boy sighed. "What the hell am I going to do with you?"

~

"Are you sure about this?"

"I'm positive. You remember the deal?"

"Of course I do. I'm not like a certain someone."

"I'm right here, you know!"

"I do in fact know. It's just fun to piss you off."

"Why I outta-"

"What the hell did I say about the fighting?!"

"Right. I apologize."

"Whatever! Damn losers!"

"Watch your tongue."

"What are you going to do about it you nerd?!"

"Loose lips get cut. I recommend you shut up."