Chapter 44: An Attempted Escape

You curled up on your bed, trying to stop your tears from flowing. It was no use. Tears flowed seemingly endlessly down your face as you broke down, alone. Everyone you thought you could trust had betrayed you. Now you were trapped. Alone in a room, wallowing in self-pity. You closed your eyes, taking a few deep breaths in a futile attempt to calm yourself.

Your gaze trailed to the window. Maybe, just maybe, you had a chance at escape. You walked over, placing one of your hands on the glass. The window swung open easily, causing you to almost fall out. You stepped back, feeling the breeze on your skin. A soft smile grazed your features before a problem came to mind. It was a second-story window.

The smile that was previously on your face faded. Your hands balled into fists as you stared out into the outside world. Somewhere you hadn't been in so long, at least that's what it felt like. It'd been so long since you felt free. You had almost forgotten what it felt like. The wind through your hair, the sun on your skin. 

A knock on the door snapped you out of your trance. You glanced at the door, then back at the window. Maybe it was worth a shot. The knock sounded again, slightly harsher than last time. You looked out the window. It was a far drop. If you jumped, you risked serious injury. The knocking was more of a pounding sound now. 

You turned around and faced the door, leaning against the windowsill in an attempt to be as far from the door as possible. It wasn't worth it. Jumping would cause more pain than staying here. The door swung open, moving the chair that had been blocking it. Bakugo stood on the other side. Once he caught sight of you, he ran over. There was no way he was letting you fall.

As he grew closer, you shied back, making you nearly fall. The ash-blonde grabbed you and picked you up bridal style. You fought against his grip, thrashing and hitting him. The boy didn't so much as flinch. He carried you down to the living room, drawing the attention of the other two males.

"Bakugo, why the hell do you have her?!" Todoroki asked, clearly pissed. The ash-blonde only scowled. "I caught her about to jump out of her window. You're lucky I went to check on her." He replied, annoyed. Midoriya perked up when he said this. "That can't be right... doll would never try and escape us." He rationalized, glaring at the slightly taller boy.

Bakugo held you tightly as you started to panic even more. Todoroki looked between you and the ash-blonde. "Is this true, princess?" He asked, his eyes staring into yours. You looked down at the floor, shifting uncomfortably. "I-I... um, well..." You trailed off. The tall male walked closer to you, grabbing your chin with his hand and forcing you to look up.

"Is this true, princess?" Todoroki repeated with venom lacing his words. You were on the verge of tears again. "Y-Yes..." You muttered, just loud enough for him to hear. Instantly, he let go of you, frustratedly walking away. Bakugo and Midoriya met each other's gaze, nodding. "Doll, we really didn't want to have to do this, but you gave us no choice." The shortest male said with melancholy and fake sympathy.

You began to fight even more in Bakugo's grasp, panic spreading in your mind like a plague. "W-Wait! Please! It was a-an accident, I-" You were cut off as Midoriya walked closer. A soft yelp escaped your lips as you quivered in fear. "Sorry, sweetheart." He said with a devilish smile on his face. The ash-blonde's grip on you tightened. "But it's lights out for you."

~

You woke up to the familiar feeling of concrete beneath you. Instantly, your breathing quickened. Your body moved on it's own, fighting tirelessly against your restraints. A deep chuckle made your gaze snap upward. Todoroki stood in the far corner of the room, watching in amusement. 

Tears slipped down your cheeks as you continued to try and escape. "Butterfly, you and I both know that's not going to work." He said, smirking at your state. You scowled at him, ignoring his comment and pulling even harder at the restraints. The tall male sighed, taking a few steps closer to you.

Terrified, you moved back, pressing yourself against the wall. Todoroki raised an eyebrow, taking another step closer. Your shaking became more noticable as you watched him with fearful eyes. He reached out to touch you, but you flinched away. You got as far away as you could, but he only moved closer.

"Come on, princess. I made a promise, remember? I said I wouldn't hurt you." Todoroki said in a comforting manner, but you could tell that there was a cruel undertone to it. You kept your distance to the best of your ability, your heart beating out of your chest. He chuckled again. "Well, I suppose I have to alter that promise. I won't hurt you... unless you deserve it." He mentioned sadistically, his left hand sparking up slightly.

Todoroki now stood directly in front of you, his shadow looming over your small form. You looked up at him in fear, trying to find some way of escape. "Midoriya was right. That scared look of yours really is adorable." He mused, lifting your chin gently. You ripped away from his touch, pressing yourself against the wall best you could. 

Immediately, Todoroki harshly slapped you. "Don't you ever try to escape my touch like that! You're mine and you have to act like it!" He snarled, now gripping your chin much harder. Tears continued to fall as you shook silently. Your cheek stung from when he slapped you. This was a side of Todoroki that you'd only seen once before. It was a side you'd hoped that you'd never have to see again.

~

"So, can we do it yet?"

"Yeah! Can we?"

"No."

"What?! It seems like we've been waiting forever!"

"It's been two days. Calm down."

"But I'm getting impatient!"

"Me too!"

"You two are always impatient."

"Are not!"

"Look, I'm not arguing with you on this. We're not doing anything yet."

"Ugh! You're no fun!"

"Yeah!"

"I know."