chapter eight

laila's pov

I walked up to my room and looked around for something to paint. Sometimes i liked to paint sweatshirts or objects. I went through my closet and found a hoodie that just said "brockhampton" on the front.

I made my way to the studio in the back and looked at it to see what I was gonna do. I decided I was just going to let my creative juices flow and see where it went.

~

Five hours later and this is what I had in my hands:

 I had this painted on the back of a brockhampton hoodie

I had this painted on the back of a brockhampton hoodie. I hung it to dry and checked my phone. It was 1:30 and I had a missed call from Madison.

She texted me that she was on her way, so I rushed upstairs and changed into a pair of jeans, air force ones, and a cropped sweater I made a while back.

~

"So talk to me what's up!?" Madison asked after we ordered.

"I mean nothing really, came out here from texas. Uhhhh taking a lil artistic break just to get settled."

"How's living with the boys? I'm sure it's a hassle."

"Eh kinda. I love all of them though so we're chilling."

"Oooo and hows Tyler?"

"We're on kinda a break. Just so I can kinda get my life together. It should be over soon. He's supposed to come out I think next Sunday. He said he would try to book an earlier flight but you know how that goes." I explained with a chuckle.

We got our food and talked for what felt like ten minutes, but in reality was like 2 hours.

Eventually we decided to leave and I explained that I needed to go home to finish the Hoodie so I could send it to Brandon to post on my auction website.

We laughed and listened to music on the way back to my house and she invited me to a party later that night. I told her I would let her know and then closed the car door and jogged to the front door.

Right after I closed the door behind me I felt a glare on me. I slowly turned to find hk holding up the hoodie I had made earlier that day, along with the rest of the guys around him. "What's up guys?" I suspiciously questioned.

"Laila. I- this is amazing." hk said with a wide mouth.

"Aww thank you. You're too nice." I fake flaunted.

"We need to do some sort of collaboration or something." Ian said pointing at hoodie.

"Ooo that would be fun." I responded.

"Oh and you should help us merch design."

"Oooooo that sounds like a Job.... I don't do jobs." I said trying to get the hoodie out of hk's hand.

"Not like a Job for-say, kinda like a 'you're more than welcome to make merch designs whenever you want. Like even if it's a sketch, we can bring it to life"

"Sounds fun, I will definitely take you up on that offer. Now gimme I gotta take that to my manager after I sign it for auction." I said with grabby hands.

He handed me the hoodie back and I made my way to the studio so I could sign the art on the back.

I got a white paint marker and added some final touches and signed it. Then I set it with a spray you're supposed to use with fabric so if you wash it it doesn't fade.

My phone started to buzz in my back pocket and I was 99.9% positive it was Brandon.

annnnnddd I was right

"BRANDOOOOOO i got some art for youuuuuuuu. I'm gonna come by and drop it off maybeeee in 30 minutes?"

"Yeah that's fine. How do you feel about doing a last minute interview in like an hour?"

"AN HOUR?!?!"

"Chill it's just for viceland it's a very laid back thing. They want to have at a weed coffee shop place. You down?"

"Yeah then I'll just give it to you there since I'm sure you're gonna be there."

"Sounds like a plan, I'll pick you up in 20? Also wear something comfy, like a hoodie and leggings. But look presentable please."

"Alwayyyyss Brandon. Wait! Why can't I drive again."

"A responsible manager would never let you drive as high as your about to get."

"Fine Brandonnnnn. Call me when your here and bring a case for the hoodie. I do not want it getting damaged."

"Yes ma'am. See you in a bit sunshine."

~

"ILL BE BACK LATER. GOING TO AN INTERVIEW. LOVE YALL."

"LOVE YOU." The boys yelled back. Aw they're too cute.

Brandon got out of the car and hugged me since I haven't seen him in a while.

"What's up Brando, I missed you."

"Nothing much just doing my thang. Here hand me that." He said while opening the trunk of his car.

I handed him the hoodie, he folded it then laid it in a briefcase.

"Perfecto." I said patting him on the back.

"Let's go kid."

~

"Alright. Uhhhh don't say anything that would potentially ruin your career. Blah blah blah. You already know all of this. So basically they're gonna have a bunch of different bongs around you since they're considered art in the weed industry. There also gonna have tons of different strains. I told
them not a lot of sativa's because they make your back hurt. They're basically just gonna talk to you about your art and maybe a few questions about your brother and his band. Sound good."

"Yes sirrrr lets do this thing." I said while clapping my hands.

My door was opened and I got out of the car and smiled a bit for the paparazzis. I decided to promo the guys a bit so I was wearing a ginger hoodie. I shot a huge smile and pointed to the 'GINGER' logo on the front of my hoodie.

Brandon led me inside of the coffee/weed shop place and I was instantly greeted by the producer of Viceland.