chapter nine

laila's pov

"Hi guys, my name is Laila Champion and i'm here in this beautiful coffee shop with Viceland." I said before hitting a pretty lil pipe that was already lit.

"Perfect. So we're gonna ask you some questions and we also have a couple of surprises for you. You ready?"

I politely nodded and he begun the interview.

"Firstly, I would just like to say that I love your art. I feel like it shows what you're going through as a person and you can portray your emotions as well as leaving the spectrum wide enough to let the viewer feel what the piece makes them feel and that brings me too my first gift." The producer said while taking out an extremely famous art magazine. "Although I do love your art, those words came from Joshua Cherry one of thee most critical art critics out there."

I nearly choked on my fucking coffee when he said that. There's no fucking way.

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed with a huge smile on my face.

"He continued to say that you're our generations Van Gogh. He says, 'Her art is beautifully portrayed in the fact that it's abstract. But not too abstract that you lose the meaning behind it. She's truly one of our generations best artists. She reminds me immensely of Van Gogh. As a matter of fact, I would say she's our generations Vincent Van Gogh."

My jaw dropped when he said that. Joshua Cherry didn't like anything. Ever. I always thought that the moment he reviewed my work my career would be over. I'm so just taken back and partly amazed.

"You seem surprised?" He continued

"I mean yeah. Joshua Cherry is like the critic of the critics and i'm just so amazed he thinks so highly of my work. His words are truly a blessing."

We continued the rest of the interview and by the end of it, I had a pair of sunglasses on and my hood up. I was fucking stoned. More stoned than I think I've ever been.

"Well thank you so much for joining us on Viceland." The producer said before cutting the cameras.

We talked for a bit before the assistant came back with a couple of bags. She handed them to the producer and he then handed them to me. I set them on the table and gave him a huge hug.

"Thank you and your entire team for being so welcoming. It truly means a lot." It took everything out of me to form those sentences.

We said our goodbyes and Brandon grabbed the bags cause he knew I would forget them.

I walked outside behind Brandon and low key tried to hide from the paps.

Once I got into the car I put on my high playlist and put my feet on the dash. "Take it away Brando." I laughed before putting my seat all the way back.

~

Before I knew it, I was at the brockhampton house and to my surprise Matt was outside. I think Brandon called him but to be honest my attention span was in the negatives and my brain is hardly working.

"Mattttyyyyy. I missed u bubs." I said when he opened the door to help me out.

Brandon handed Matt the bags and I turned and waved bye to Brandon.

"So what's the move Matty, the night is youngggggg and I am starving."

"You wanna order food and eat here or go get food?" He said while setting down the bags and plopping onto the couch.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

"You don't know do you?" He chuckled.

"Nope." I sighed while plopping onto the couch next to him.

"You smell like weed I hope you know that." He said looking at me.

"I would change but it's so far." I said putting my arm out.

"Wanna order in and eat here. Ooo we can watch a movieeee." Matt suggested.

"Sounds like a plan bubs. You order. I don't really care what. And IIIII will go change."

"Yes ma'am."

I got off my ass and lugged myself up the stairs to change. Once I made it to my room I heard Matt yell, "ANYONE WANT PIZZA."

Ciaran, Romil, and Ian's head popped out of their bedroom door and they all rushed down the stairs to order with Matt.

I changed into a pair of pj shorts and an oversized shirt I stole from Matt. I put on socks cause the floor was always cold in this hoe and joined the boys downstairs.

"NEMO IS BETTER THAN FROZEN TWO." Romil yelled.

"ARE YOU ON DRUGS. DO YOU SEE NEMO HITTING NOTES LIKE ELSA????" Ian yelled back.

"Y'all are both on fucking crack." Ciaran said while sitting on the couch.

"Alright guys i'm putting in the order. Any last minute orders. Lay I got ranch don't even worry about it." My King. He knows me better than I know myself.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked while sitting next to Ciaran.

"Nemo."

"Frozen Two."

"Nemo."

"Frozen Two."

"Frozen Two it is." Ian said while clicking the movie while looking Romil dead in the eyes.

"Fuck you." Romil mouthed while flicking off Ian.

Matt jumped on the couch next to me and threw a couple blankets at us.

~

Halfway through the movie the food came so I was currently sitting on the couch crying with a piece of pizza in my mouth.

"I would die for Olaf. Look at how pure he is." I cried earning a chuckle from the boys.

"Lay stop crying your gonna get your pizza wet and that's kinda gross." Matt said while wiping a couple of tears off my cheeks.

"I can't help it. Look at him." I said pointing at Olaf while he hugged Anna in a cave. As I was pointing he disintegrated and the wind blew him out of the cave.

My mouth dropped and now I was crying like a baby.

"Ian tell me he's gonna he okay."

"I can't that would ruin the movie."

"Ian. Tell her." Matt scolded.

"Olaf is gonna be okay." He said with a sassy attitude.

I smiled and continued eating my food and before I knew it Anna saved everyone blah blah blah and Olaf was okay.

Once the movie was over I picked up a couple of the boxes and took them to the kitchen to throw in the trash.

Matt, Romil, and Ian went upstairs and Ciaran stayed behind to help me.

"Thank you bearrrr." I cooed while fluffing up his hair a bit.

We went upstairs and the brockhampton house was silent as we all fell asleep.