chapter eighteen

ciaran's pov

"Bear, Bear look." She tugged at me trying to get my attention.

"It's snowing, isn't it beautiful." She said in awe.

I laughed at her obsession with the snow outside of our hotel in Toronto.

I yawned as we all stuffed into then elevator and could feel myself dozing off with my head against the wall.

"We're gonna need to be at sound check at 4am. Please be up by then." Jon said earning a sigh from everyone in the small space.

"Tired Ci?" Laila asked following me down the hall.

"You tired." I asked in response.

"Extremely." She quietly said.

I put the card in the door and held the door open for her.

There was only one large bed in the middle of the room so I decided I would just sleep on the couch.

She plopped onto the bed and made herself comfortable as I settled on the couch in the dim room.

"Bear, get your ass over here you're not sleeping on the couch." She tiredly said.

I laughed and shook my head before joining her on the bed. I kept my distance before I felt a small tug to come closer. She hugged me and I felt that feeling all over again. Fuck Ciaran what are you gonna do?

~

laila's pov

"Lay, come on get up." Ciaran said lightly shaking me.

I groaned and stretched in the large leg and dragged myself to brush my teeth.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and I was so warm it was amazing.

I grabbed my pen out of my bag and stuffed it into my pocket before following Ciaran out the door.

I think I like him, a lot. But what if he doesn't feel the same and I end up ruining our friendship. As cliche as it sounds. I like having him around and I'm not gonna mess it up by gushing out my feelings for him.

"Don't worry about doing the soundcheck, since it's a surprise I'll have all of the technicalities fixed before you get on stage." Romil whispered in my ear.

I gave him a thumbs up and a smile before getting dragged into the bus.

I sat next to Matt and laid my head on his shoulder. Hm he was texting this girl, Tavia. Interesting.

"Whatcha doin?" I asked.

He looked at me and turned his phone the other way so I couldn't see his screen.

"Ahhh so it's like that." I said getting up and sitting next to Ciaran.

"It's nothing serious, we're just like in the talking phase."

"It's cause your hair grew out." I joked.

He mocked me before fixing his attention back on his phone and I played with one of Ciaran's rings while he talked to Jabari.

"Lay, look. I took some of your ideas and turned them into designs." Hk said sitting next to me and placing his computer on the table.

I let go of Ciaran's hand, so he laid it on my thigh as i talked to Hk. I got butterflies down there when he did that. What the fuck is wrong with me.

I scrolled through the merch designs in awe. They were amazing.

Hk and I talked about the designs until we got to the venue. Then Ciaran squeezed my thigh before getting up and offering me a hand. This is the most physical attention I've gotten in so fucking long. Even though it's a small gesture, I fucking loved it.

The boys started getting situated and I just laid down in the green room since I was honestly really tired.

Right when I felt myself drift off to sleep I felt the weight of maybe five boys on top of me.

"Wake up bitch." Matt said giving me a wet willy.

I looked up to see some of the guys with new haircuts. Damn was I asleep that long?

I looked around to make sure Ciaran wasn't bald and when I saw him he had his 2018 hair. Short but still shaggy and messy. He's fucking hot.

The boys started doing their pre show ritual thing.

The music to St. Percy began and the boys went out one by one when their verse began.

I stood with Romil, watching from the side.

The crowd went fucking wild when Ciaran came out. He looked so happy.

~

"You ready?" Romil asked handing me a microphone. The boys were performing Big Boy so next it would be No Halo.

I felt my stomach flutter as I grabbed the microphone out of his hand.

"Alright you're gonna go out after Matt's verse."

"Alright. Don't fuck up the mic Romil. I'll kill myself. And I say that wholeheartedly."

He laughed at my statement and the intro to No Halo blasted through the venue.

Matt's verse finished and I walked out at the beginning of my verse.

The boys seemed extremely surprised. Matt smiling ear to ear and the crowd was going fucking insane.

I could get used to this.

~

Thank y'all for 1k reads 🥺👉👈.

Don't forget to vote it you like the chapter/want another one :)