chapter thirty

laila's pov

Me and Ciaran looked around while walking to the green room.

We were gonna be here a while since we had to wait until the creative team figured out the set.

"CLAIREEE." Ciaran yelled at a girl that was sitting in the green room before embracing her in a hug.

"Hey i'm Claire, you must be Laila."

I stuck out my hand so she could shake it, but I was embraced in a warm hug instead.

"We don't do handshakes over here." She laughed.

"Hahaha nice to meet you." I said with a laugh.

"CLAIRE COME ON WE GOTTA SOUND CHECK." A man yelled, he looked like some sort of manager.

"COMING. Welp that's me. See y'all in a bit maybe."

She waved and walked off to her manager.

"She seemed sweet." I told Ciaran.

"Yeah she's amazing."

I hope he talks about me like that....

~

"Hey come here." He said pulling me to sit on his lap. "You gonna sing No Halo with us?" He questioned while playing with my hands.

"No I don't think so." I said looking back at him.

The way the light was hitting him and everything, man he's just so pretty.

"Come on it's Flog Gnaw." He said with puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know I'm just not feel it I guess." I shrugged.

"What's wrong angel?"

He just called me angel. I may just cry.

"Ci look at me," I said putting my forehead against his, "Nothings wrong, that's just way too many people, I know it's like a three second performance, but I may pee myself."

"Hey, Imma be there on stage with you. All the guys are gonna be there. It'll be fun." He begged.

~

ciaran's pov

The guys put me up to getting Laila to perform with us because we had a lil tribute for her. She's been through a lot over the last couple of months. She's also been such a light to the group, even though she doesn't realize it. She underestimates herself a lot.

"You know you have a very soothing voice, I may just take a nap now." She said pretending like she was asleep.

"Babeeeee pleaseee."

"Call me babe one more time I dare you." She said popping back up.

"What's wrong with me calling you babe?"

"You're gonna give me a boner." She said wide eyed.

"You're so annoying." I laughed.

~

We were about to go through bleach and then Tyler walked onto the stage and started talking to Laila.

They both walked down the stairs and towards us.

"This set is fucking sick guys." Tyler said with his geeky little voice.

"Thanks man, what's up with you." Kevin asked.

"Eh just chillin. This is the calm before the storm. I'm so fucking excited for you guys to perform. When I told Rocky I got you guys again this year he nearly got a fucking boner I kid you not." His statement earned an eruption of laughter from all of us, "I'll let y'all get back to it. Oh by the way Laila Imma DM you, I want the next piece you make I don't give a fuck what it is, oh and i'm excited to hear your ass on No Halo." He said backing away.