chapter thirteen

laila's pov

He grabbed my hand and yanked me out of the front door.

"Come on Bear, I look homeless."

"Come onnnn. It'll be okay. Trust me."

We got in his car and the first place he took me was Bed Bath and Beyond.

"Pick one. Whichever one you want."

I chose out a white comforter and matching sheets.

He also got a weighted blanket and then we headed off to check out.

"You're not paying." I said trying to grab the card out of his hand.

"Yes I am-" Before he could finish I jammed my card in the reader and then entered my pin. I stuck my tongue out at him as the cashier handed me the receipt.

"Wanna eat anything?" He asked while throwing the bags in the back.

"No i'm okay, not really hungry."

"Alrighty i'll just postmates when we get home."

~

We arrived at the house and I tried to help Ciaran with the bags but he grabbed them before I could get to them.

"Now lets go to your room." He said before running up the stairs. He got to my room and started stripping my bed of the sheets and comforter that was on it.

"Get all of his things together." He instructed while making the bed with the new sheets.

I rummaged through my closet and drawers getting all of his clothes and belongings.

"Now we're going to the backyard. Come on."

"How many red bulls did you drink, you're moving a hundred miles a minute."

"Uhhh maybe like 4, come on Lay, let's gooooo."

He followed me down the stairs, holding my old comforter and bed sheets.

We got to the backyard and he grabbed a bottle of lighter fluid that was laying around and poured it on the huge bonfire sitting in the middle of the yard.

He light it on fire with a long lighter and then looked at me.

"At your own pace. Throw everything in the fire." He explained.

I sat on the ground in front of the fire and looked in my lap at all of his things. I started with the gifts he gave me over the years.

Then I moved on to the things he gave me to remind me of him.

The last thing that was left was his clothes. This was gonna be fucking hard. I really tried not to cry because in all honestly I hate looking weak, but I couldn't help it. Tears began to stream down my face as I threw his hoodies and shirts into the fire.

Ciaran stood behind me with his hand rubbing my head since I was still on the ground.

I got up and I realize I forgot about two things. I grabbed the comforter and sheets and threw them into the fire. I screamed while doing this, trying to let all of my emotions out. Once I finished I fell to my knees and just cried. Ciaran followed and just held me. I needed that.

Almost four years of being committed to someone and this is where I am right now. Tyler didn't deserve me. I know he didn't. But for some reason I feel this is my fault. Maybe if I was more attractive. Maybe if I was better in bed. Maybe I didn't give him enough attention. Maybe he was tired of me. Why'd he do it. Am I overreacting?

My thoughts were interrupted my Ciaran, "You ready to go inside?"

I nodded in response, so he put out the fire and led me back inside.

"I think- I think i'm gonna go to sleep."

"Alright Lay, sleep tight," He said giving me a sad smile.

"Thank you Ciaran, today meant a lot to me. I appreciate you so much."

"Aw you're gonna make me ink." He joked.

I giggled before heading back upstairs to take my meds and clean my nose before going to sleep.

For some reason I felt more comfortable in my room without all of those things in here.

My bed felt more comfortable than it ever had and the weighted blanket made me feel as if I was being held.

For some reason, Ciaran knew exactly what I needed. I'm lucky to have him. I'm also gonna miss him when they go on tour. Hell I'm gonna miss all of them, they're like my little family.

My thoughts continued for a couple of minutes and then I was out cold.