Chapter 108 - I Choose You

The buzzer for the door downstairs beeps while I'm taking a sip of some tea and I make a noise before I set my cup down "That'll be Lyds–"

"I got it" Stiles murmurs and kisses the side of my head as he gets up from his chair beside me where we were seated at the island finishing up our lunch.

"Let me uuuuuuuup" I hear through the speaker earning me to snort, followed by Stiles' chuckle before he unlocks the front door and pads his way back over to his chair.

Once the front door opens and closes, Lydia is down to business "All right, you just got back from Hawaii so it's officially time to start asking the important questions– how long are you giving me to plan this nothing short of a perfect day the two of you deserve?"

She asks while she walks into the living room and drops her bag on the couch before she sets her hands on her hips and turns towards us.

I chuckle and turn in the seat towards her, setting my forearm on the top of the chair while I nod towards her "A year and we want it small, our group isn't very big anyways and you're basically the extent of our extended family."

Lydia smiles and looks between us, nodding her head once while she grabs a notebook from her bag and walks over to stand on the other side of the island from us "Simple and elegant with all the fairy lights– I hear you and I've already got the perfect vision for you two lovebirds. Plus a year is just the right amount of time, though we'll need to find a place to secure the date as soon as possible."

"Yay fairy lights" I squeal with a bright smile, already loving what she's probably got planned as I turn forward in my chair again.

Stiles chuckles and sets his hand on my leg closest to him, leaning in to kiss my cheek "Well that's settled– fairy lights everywhere and nothing else matters right?"

I snort and look between them "Besides some form of cake and a doughnut bar? Nope not really, they're just so magical."

Stiles beams towards me, moving his eyes between mine as he shakes his head "Well put and hell yeah to the doughnut bar."

Lydia chuckles and sets her notebook on the island counter in front of her, drumming her fingers on it as she smirks over towards us "Please– I know you two so well I've already factored in a doughnut and coffee bar. Even found a mini trailer food truck that specializes in that exact combo for events."

Stiles raises his brows "Jesus, you're on it."

She scoffs playfully and points to herself "Yes, hi she is my best friend, my family, and I had an entire eleven days to brainstorm ideas to make this as easy as possible for you guys. Doesn't mean you can't change anything or give me your own ideas– I just, I want everything to be thought of for smooth sailing planning. I want you guys to enjoy your engagement, this is such an exciting time for you guys. After everything we all have been through, you guys especially, I want you to look back on this time and only remember it being fun. We have not had enough fun in our lives, plus I know you'll do the same for me when it gets to be that time."

I smile at her, answering immediately "Damn straight I will– now we just need Jordan to get with the program."

Stiles coughs and I look over to him, narrowing my eyes towards him and watching as he shakes his head ever so softly and hits his chest "Wrong pipe."

Lydia didn't notice the exchange as she was already replying to me "Things have been so great with us since he asked me to move in with him last year, so I don't want to push him– who knows maybe your guys' wedding will be the push he needs?"

I smile over towards her in my support because they are absolutely perfect together and based off of Stiles' reaction to what I said, he knows just how close to getting with the program Jordan may already be– definitely will have to ask him about that when she leaves.