Chapter 6. Lets Try Again?

Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11)  I open my door and enter before immediately taking off my shirt

I open my door and enter before immediately taking off my shirt. I look at the marks on my back that are killing me each time I take a step. When she decided to stab me, the remaining wood pieces rammed into my back. If I'm right, she hit a nerve, but clearly, the doctors didn't notice. I groan as I move my shoulder, testing my limits on where I can move. I notice one left out splinter while looking in the mirror, leading me to pulling it out. I bite my lip, hiding my pain as I do so.
  I take out the wooden splint and throw it away. I scoff as I put my shirt back on, struggling to find the hole for the head. Eventually, I get it on and look at the map of the academy the mentors had given me.
  The academy is huge. It's the biggest place in GreyRose and if I'm right, no one has actually gone through the whole place. I look at the map and where the rooms are. There are 26 communal bathrooms which will be..interesting for the most part, and 90 separate training rooms that are spread all throughout the place. Only 60 of them are used each year because no one has taken the time, or  guts to even try to find them. That however will be broken this year. A training room to myself? Sounds great if you ask me.
  I look at the closest one to me, which was Room 21. It was too late to go find the other rooms so I guess it's best to just train with other people for now.
  I grab my GYPT and leave, locking my door. I make my way down the hallway but a loud door slam stops me, causing me to turn around. I see that Quinton kid, locking his door. He notices me looking at him.
  "Sorry. Didn't mean to slam the door." He says, testing the door knob to see if it's locked.
  I force a nod and make my way to the elevators. I click the 75th floor and wait. My room being on the 46th floor doesn't help when I take stairs, especially after being sore from fighting.
  The elevator stops at the 60th floor, causing me to raise a brow. The elevator swings open, revealing a dark brown haired girl, seemingly carrying her luggage. I clear my throat as she walks in and pushes the 2nd floor button.
  There were multiple cuts and bruises on her face, leading me to guess that she got eliminated.
  Trying to ignore the awkward silence between us, I go in my GYPT and just scroll through it as if I was actually looking at something. It's a last resort thing when I'm  either bored or in an awkward position.
The elevator number stops at 67 and doesn't move. I can feel the elevator moving, but I can't tell if it's going up or down. I sigh before going to the number display and hitting the screen. It doesn't budge, but the elevator stops. I hit it again, but it doesn't move.
"Fuck.." I whisper to myself quietly.
The girl puts down her stuff.
"It's not moving is it?" She asks.
"Nope."
The elevator shuffles, shaking is around but abruptly stops without care.
"Are..you..kidding..me." I say holding onto the bar. I regain my balance and press the emergency door button. It takes a while but the door opens, revealing nothing but a dark wall and multiple wires.
"Our of all of the years of this academy...the elevator breaks down now. Convenient."

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)
I take the stairs and go to the very first training room. It wasn't as tiring as I thought it would be. 45 flights of stairs are way more intimidating than I remember.
I reach the bottom and push the door open, leading me to a large dojo looking like room. Only 20 or so people were here, which surprised me considering how many people are in the academy right now.
  I walk past everyone and go to the empty corner that no one was in. I look at the rack full of weapons. I pick up the black nunchucks and grip them tightly.
You'd think that I'd know everything about nunchucks but I really don't. I don't know it's origin, why it was made, or how it was made. I just know how to use it. My dad gave me them thinking they would just be like any other weapon, useless in my hands. He had even told my mom that I might end up going to rank 2. I didn't...obviously but some times I wish I did. Nunchucks can be..a pain in the ass.
  I start practicing, spinning them as if I had no control. I swing to far to the right, accidentally hitting someone. I look back and see a guy, holding his face.
  "Shit, I'm so sorry," I say, putting down the weapon. "I didn't see you there."
  "Your fine." He removes his hand from his face, revealing a red mark. "Damn, really gotta be a pain huh?"
  "Sorry," I say once again in a jokingly manor.
  He nods before walking away. I sigh before stopping him. "Wait hold on. I need a sparring partner. You mind?"
  He raises a brow before shrugging.
  "Uhm. Sure. Why not?"