Chapter 9. Not Now

Quinton Newman(Rank Division 8)   I look around the crowded arenas, looking for people I could maybe pair up with but just like home, there was no one

   I look around the crowded arenas, looking for people I could maybe pair up with but just like home, there was no one. They all went venturing off in some world of their own with who ever they liked.

I sigh as I walk around, hoping theres someone out there who's just like me.
I see a girl standing alone, causing me to begin walking up to her, but almost immediately, someone else gets to her before me.

I sigh and turn around. I don't know..anyone here and this dynamic duo shit isn't helpful. We could've at least gotten some more time with everyone. Everyone in my rank are fine but assholes and I don't even know anyone outside of the such.

I'm confused on how everyone knows exactly who their going to partner up with. They've been stuck inside training their whole lives and all of a sudden they know all 1800 people in the academy. Must be bull shit.

I sort of stumble around the place, looking for people who aren't already talking to one another. There was..literally no one. No one was available.

I back up, but accidentally hit someone.

"Sorry. I di-" I turn around to see Lena, "oh it's you. What are you doing here?"

"I'm staying. Turns out, it was a mistake." She grins, "so of course. I have a chance of revenge."

"Revenge? Come on. It was an accident."

"Do you know what accident means? Punching me because the crowd wants you to, is not an accident."

"I-..well. Maybe not, but...okay. I'm sorry. Look, there's no one else here that I know and I got no one to partner up with. So, let just partner up for this and just not talk to each other afterwards."

"Please. I'd rather kill myself then partner up with you. There's hundreds of people here, go find one."

"Actually," James's voice appears out of no where from behind her. "I think you 2, would be an amazing duo. Go get a training room like the others. I expect a lot from you 2."

"What? No, I can't work with him."

"Too bad. Your gonna have to." He smiles. "Go. Now."

  I shrug as she looks at me.

*

"So, how do you want to do this? Do you want for us to each get one person or do we just go in and hope for the best?" I ask as I open the training room door.